EFEXOR FOR FIBRO PAIN? ANYONE KNOWS IT?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by talper, Jul 30, 2008.

1. talper

talper New Member

HEY,I STARTED TAKING EFEXOR-HALF OF 75 MG PILL FOR 4 DAYS.
    YESTERDAY I TOOK A WHOLE 75 PILL AND GOT A LITTLE NAUSEA TODAY.

I HEARED ALOT OF BAD STUFF ABOUT EFEXOR WITHDRAWL, BUT I GUESS IT WHEN YOU TAKE HIGHER DOSES.

ANYONE HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR FIBRO PAIN WITH EFEXOR LOW DOSES? HOW GOOD? WILL THE SIDE EFFECTS GO AWAY?

IUSED BOTH LYRICA AND SYMBALTA, AND I THINKSYMBALTE HELPED, BUT IHAD PRETTY BAD NAUSEA AND I WAS TIRED, DIDNT WAIT ENOUGH FOR THE SYMPTOMS TO GO AWAY...WILL THEY.

PS-FOR GIVE ME FOR THE CAPITAL LETTERS, NOT SURE WHAT HAPPEND TO MY KEYBOARD.

TAL
  2. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Have been on it for about a year and a half now. Other than the occasional flare up and minor aches now and then, my pain has virtually disappeared.

I was REALLY nauseous for the first 2 weeks, but after that it's been no problem. I've gained a little weight, but not much.

Now the doc wants me to try Cymbalta, as we have it in Canada now; I just went to get the script filled and it was $270 for two months. Told the pharmacist I couldn't afford and will call the doc to see if I can get samples.

Good luck, we're all different.

Sue in Ontario
  3. lmn

lmn New Member

My dr. prescribed 75mg. for the anxiety, but it also helps me sleep. Luckily, I have no side effects. Can't say it helps with the pain though.

As far as withdrawl goes, I have tried on a couple of occasions to lessen my dose in an attempt to see if I can go without. It is an extremely slow process if you want to avoid piercing headaches. Unfortunately for me, as soon as I get down to 37.5 mg. the anxiety re-appears.

Good luck with it. All in all it has worked well for me.