effexor, venaflaxine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lancscat, Apr 19, 2007.

1. lancscat

lancscat New Member

Hi , Has anyone been prescribed venaflaxine to relieve symptoms of fibromyalgia and if so has there been any improvement . Thankyou
  2. mary124

mary124 New Member

I take Effexor, but I not for FM (don't have it) I originally started to take it for night sweats but I use it for bladder pain for IC. It helps that a lot.
    glad it helps you.
  3. melindami

melindami New Member

so far it seems to help me my neck was excruciating now it is bearable.. However I also have increased dizziness... And pain in other places now legs, arms, feet.. So am going to continue taking it for now..
  4. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Has helped alleviate my pain a lot for the last year. 150 mg per day

The first 2 weeks on it were difficult, (start on a very low dose) as I was very nauseous, but it has been a Godsend for me.

Sue in Ontario
  5. KarrinneSleepyhead

KarrinneSleepyhead New Member

Was originally prescribed Effexor for hot flashes, 75 mg daily. Increased to 150 mg daily after grandson died. Had huge flare up and eventually (!!!!!!) found to have thyroid problems, adrenal exhaustion as well as pinched nerves in neck, and went up to 225 mg daily.
    Back down to 150 mg daily altho will occasionally on my own up it to 225 mg for a few days if in great pain/stress.
    I will probably take it until the day I die unless they come up with something better.