Effexor vs Provigil

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by borntired, Jun 27, 2006.

1. borntired

borntired New Member

I have been on Celexa (60grams) for several months. My new Rheumy wants me to wean off it and start me on Effexor beginning with 3.75 and and increasing.

I couldn't sleep with even a low dose of PROVIGIL...I was daffy with it. I am afraid about Effexor. I have FibroFog big time and at my age (60) amy worried about loosing it (the mind) entirely.

I take Lunesta to sleep at night and it helps slightly.

Hope for some feed back.

Thanks,
    Borntired
  2. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

made me more depressed, effexor helped the first time I was on it, but this time it hasn't helped at all, in fact it has made my sleep even more difficult! I am starting to wean off of it too.
  3. dolfenn43

dolfenn43 New Member

MY DOC TOOK ME OFF OF LEXAPRO AND STAARTED ME ON EFFEXOR LOW DOSE TO WORK UP TO 150MG DAILY.

THE REASON WAS HE SAID, EXXOXOR HAD PROPERITES THAT WOULD HELP CHRONIC PAIN AS WELL AS DEPRESSION. i STARTED ON THE 37.5 MG FOR 1-2 WKS THEN 75MG. EVERY DAY. NEVER COULD TAKE A HIGHER DOSE.

I COULDNT SLEEP AT ALL. HAD A FEW PANIC ATTACKS. AND I WOULD SAY ALMOST SEVERE ANEXITY. I KNEW IT WAS THE EFFOXER. BUT NO, MY DOC WOULDNT LISTEN. MADE ME SEE A SHRINK FOR ANEXITY.

FIRST THING SHE DID WAS TAKE ME OFF THE EFFOXER. OH MY GOD .... I FELT MY ANEXITY GO AWAY AND STAY AWAY. IT WAS NO FUN BEING ON THAT MEDICATION.

GLAD IT WAS THAT EASY TO CURE MY ANEXITY. BUT ON THE OTHER HAND I WAS MAD THAT I HAD TO DEAL WITH IT SO LONG CUZ MY DOCTOR WASNT VERY SMART ABOUT IT AND DIDNT HEAR ME......

DOLFENN
  4. borntired

borntired New Member

Now I am afraid. While I am presently weaning from Celexa waiting to begin Effexor. I am already having severe sleep problems.

I just hope this isn't back to square one for me.

This Rheumatologist is about the only one in Charleston SC that will take FMS patients seriously.

We discussed Provigil and I told him I couldn't sleep. While on Provigil I felt the "Lights were on and no one was home".

Maybe I should stay with the Celexa.

Born Tire now Sick and Tired