effexor withdrawl and intestinal problems = sick leave from work

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by razorqueen, Jul 31, 2006.

1. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

well, going off effexor wasn't too big of a deal till I got to the point of totally stopping. After the first week of being on 37.5mg, I decided to take 1 capsule every other day, but even that has left me feeling loopy and nauseated.

Now I've opened the capsule and split it in half and taking that everyday for a wk or so. Today was day 1 with that. Compared to what I've heard from other people this isn't too bad, but combine it to the inestinal troubles I am having since I started the Morphine Sulphate and the extreme constipation that comes with that, I am really struggling. I am still having break thru pain as well.

I talked to my hubby about this and he agreed with me that it would be a good idea to take a bit of a sick leave from work, as I go thru this withdrawl and other things so I can relax as best as possible and deal with these things with out having to worry about this being the day I have to work. I'm not even driving the car right now. Not with the way my head is feeling.

So, I am hoping to talk to my boss today and tell her what I need to do. I am hoping it will be fine with her, as I only work very part-time as it is.

My dr is refering me to see a phsyciatrist because he doesn't know what meds would be the next best thing to try and also someone to do some talk-therapy with.

I am alittle freaked out right now as my brother and his family are coming out for the August long weekend from Calgary, and they are staying at our house, as it is the only place for them to stay. I have a tendancy to want things to be perfect.

Raz
  2. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I will take it easy, and not worry about the house. My hubby actually washed our laminate floors the other day! Amazing! I can't do it anymore, as you can't have standing water on them so you kinda damp mop them and then the floor is really grippy, and its way to hard on my muscles now. My bro and his family are pretty good that way. They aren't actually here all the time, as there is other family around, and its only for the long weekend, and I don't have to do much for cooking, usually. We don't get to see them very often, so, I want them to come.
    My bro didn't want to come if it was too hard for me, but I want him to come. So they are very considerate in that way. Some how we will make it.

I think I might call my doc and see if I can get a note from him.
    Raz
  3. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

and made the arrangements to take sick leave for the next 6 wks, and then see how I am doing.

Raz
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Raz, I know you are doing the right thing. It's amazing what a difference it can make being free of the physical and mental stress. I'm glad that better things are starting to happen for you.
    Have a great weekend with your family. Just enjoy!

Kathy.
  5. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

with you on that one Rick! 2 times is enough for me! They say third time is a charm, but this lady isn't taking that chance!
  6. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

since splitting the capsule in half it seems to be getting easier. My head doesn't feel so dizzy. Still not feeling good by any means, but am glad I got the sick leave for the next 6 wks.

Raz
  7. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

I had been on Effexor for 3 years and decided to get off it. I would open a few days worth at a time, and just dump out a few of the beads. Then the next time dump a few more. Continued this until I was about down to nothing before I stopped altogether

I think going very slowly this way saved me alot of misery.

You might want to take it alittle slower.

Barb
  8. I just posted asking about withdrawing from effexor. I thought I had a flu or something. I have such an upset stomach and feeling lightheaded, weird. Is this what it feels like? I was only taking 37.5 once a day. Lord knows what these pills do to you.
  9. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

and following drs orders.
    Barb, I haven't been on it as long as you, and have been taking it slowly. Now that I've split the 37.5 in half and take that daily my head has been better. I do have a few other things going on too, other than just the effexor

Fibrobutterfly: I just responded on you thread. lol. What dosage where at and how quickly did you decrease and how long were you on it?

Raz
  10. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

i just started effexor!!! now i am really worried. i was on cymbalta and dr. switched it to effexor. oh boy am i in for it?
    glenda