Effexor xr

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crickett, Jul 22, 2011.

1. crickett

crickett New Member

I would like to know if anyone is taking this for their fibro/Cfs I did take this back in 1993 it really helped me thru my divorce but now since my hysterectomy I am so afraid do not want to be on any hard drug yet alone deal with constipation issues that I struggle but tired of feeling like crap !!! Thanks for any replys
  2. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

I have been on and off effexor for years....i am on the lowest dose because it makes me sweat terribly....or it aggrevates my sweating....i want to quit taking it but it is sooooo hard to wean off the last little bit....your head spins and you have weird dreams....and you are so dizzy you can hardly walk....

it helps with depression for me but i get nervous with meds that are impossible to get off of....i use the fentanyl patch for pain and i know i will never be able to wean off that....my doc didn ttell me much about it and i stupidly just listened to him instead of doing research on it....there have been accidental overdoses with the patch and everything....

back to the effexor, i would think about it before deciding....maybe try the natural stuff first...SAMe, st johns wort, etc...

i hope you have some luck!