Efly (or anyone), having trouble playing Ashok Gupta's dvds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mbofov, Aug 17, 2008.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

My DVD player won't play his DVDs properly, then I realized my dvd player is region 1 (for U.S.) and Gupta's DVDs come from the UK.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I've e-mailed Ashok to see what they say.

There are DVD players around that play all regions, but none of the main stores carry them, have to order on-line.

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I totally agree - I did say in my e-mail to Ashok that he should have mentioned the compatibility issue on his website. I don't see why he can't have DVDs made that work with Region 1 players for people in the U.S. But I also don't understand why major U.S. stores don't carry DVD players that play several regions - they are available on-line.

I did read about Cort's experience and it sounded very positive.

If/when I get the DVD situation straightened out, and start the program, I will post updates.

3. DMBaken

DMBaken New Member

Its always so hard with judging this stuff.

I was able to get the contact details of one of the people that Cort has on his website. The person was from New Zealand (where I live) and he raved about the benefit of the programme. It sure was nice to talk to a real person (not just an posting) who had benefited. Please don't get me wrong about the 'real person' comment - it is just that so much can be hidden behind electroinic postings.

We are presently watching the free sessions on Youtube

4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

It is nice to hear good results from a "real" person. I did watch all the free videos, which I got a good feeling from, which is why I ordered the program.

Well, I did hear back from the Gupta people. They said the DVDs would play on any computer and that they would add something to their website for U.S. customers. They did say the problem wasn't the region 1 dvd player, but something to do with NTSC/PAL. I don't understand it all, but the info's out there if you want to google it.

My computer, however, won't play the DVDs either. The Gupta people replied that that had only happened with one other person. My computer is not particularly old, 4-1/2 years and has never given me any problems. Anyways ....

So I have bitten the bullet and ordered a region-free, NTSC/PAL compatible DVD player on-line. No local stores carry them. It's crazy.

Will see how it goes --