EFT, EMDR, AND ALPHABIOTICS FOR PTSD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meditationlotus, Sep 14, 2005.

1. meditationlotus

meditationlotus New Member

I've heard good things about all three of these for PTSD. The EFT is probably this best for my financial situation.

Anyone tried any or all of these? How would you rate them?

Thanks all. Your advice has been great, and just having you here is so very healing. We are so lucky to have the internet.

Love to you!

2. elsa

elsa New Member

I don't have any words of wisdom for you, but I thought I'd give you a bump back up to the top.

I so glad you feel comfortable here .... Hope you're doing well ....

Elsa
  3. meditationlotus

I've been hearing good things about EFT. On the EFT site, I clicked on "EFT counsins" and found a technique that combines EFT and EMDR. I will read more on this and on the EFT in general.

I have to do something. My past is eating me up. The downloaded manual sounds good as my finances are not good now.

Are the EFT therapists expensive?

Anyone else tried these methods?

Thanks Ralph for your feedback.
  4. meditationlotus

5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Hi Meditationlotus - I highly recommend the EMDR. I saw regular counselors on and off for over 20 years for PTSD resulting from childhood sexual abuse, with minimal results. Then I discovered EMDR and I really began to change for the first time. I felt like I really began to live. I wish so much it had been available when I was 20. I think my life would have been much different.

The good things about it are it works relatively quickly compared to traditional therapy, and the results it gets last. I used to find myself going over the same things over and over, year after year, but don't with the EMDR.

Unfortunately, it't not cheap. It's performed by regular therapists who are trained in EMDR, so it costs what traditional therapy costs. If someone is lucky enough to have insurance, that can pay for it.

There's lots of info on the web about it, there's a main website if you do a search for EMDR, there are several books available. One is written by Francine Shapiro, the woman who discovered the technique, it's fascinating reading even if you don't decide to go this route.

Mary
  6. meditationlotus

Anyone find equal results with EFT?

Thanks everyone.
  7. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Hello Meditationlotus,
    I have been doing EFT for about two months now and I find it helpful. I have had CFS/FM for 20 years and am feeling stronger since I started and more relaxed and giggly too. I bought some DVDs from Gary Craig's site but the DVDs are of poor quality homemade but I taught myself EFT from them. There is also a free downloadable manual on Gary Craig's site. I am hoping to rid myself of CFS/FM with continued EFT.

Love, Jasmine
  8. meditationlotus

Thanks. I found a site that gave the basics of EFT to try out. I downloaded it. It wasn't the manual you mentioned, though I may download it too. On the EFT website under "EFT counsins", I found a simple technique that is supposed to combine EFT and EMDR. I've been trying it. It seems to calm me down some. But I may learn the whoe EFT routine. I like to try to keep everything as simple as possible to preserve my energy.

Thanks for the imput.

[ advertisement ]