Egg Nog and a BIG migraine?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JPach007, Dec 15, 2005.

1. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

Last night I was craving Egg Nog. (Without the alcohol). I drank a quart in less than 15 minutes. I woke up this morning with a terrible migraine. Do you think it could be caused by the Egg Nog?
    JPach
  2. CAAnnieB

CAAnnieB New Member

JPach,

I don't know if it's the milk or sugar, but it could very well cause a Migraine. I have to be very careful myself when I get cravings for goodies! Some of my triggers are: sugary foods, chocolate, Fritos corn chips (yum), ice cream, red wine or champagne (actually I pretty much can't drink ANY alcohol anymore), ...I'm sure there are more, but my Fibro brain isn't remembering!

It seems to me that if I get a PMS food craving; and I over do it (eating or drinking more than a small amount); I will get a Migraine. Doesn't seem fair that we crave what causes the headache!

I'm sorry you got the Migraine. I LOVE Eggnog too! My problem is that I have little self control if I know it's in the refrig! Nobody else in my family likes eggnog, so I MUST finish it all by myself! Te He! Hope you feel better REALLY soon. :)

Blessings & Hugs,
    Annie
  3. Prunella

Prunella New Member

Lot's of additive in egg nog. Take a look at the ingredient list.
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

Agree. It was probably an artificial sweetner or some type of preservative.
  5. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Like ice cream, egg nog has way too much sugar and/or additives. Also, you make be allergic to dairy. It gives me a headache also.