Elaine= and all New photo of my Dad

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Feb 22, 2008.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Dad Got Crowned King at the Nursing Home Valentines party!,,,,,He was Really Happy about it!,,,,just thought i'd give you an update!,,,,,,,,,Sis
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I'm so glad that your dad made the decision to live at this place...he seems to be having a wonderful time and I'm sure it's good for you knowing he's well cared for.

Thanks for the update...he looks just wonderful.

3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Dad looks great!! Looks to be healthy and happy there too!

Bi the way Sis, have ya ever been tested for Lyme? I would

suppose the Big Sky County with it's wild life etc. would be

a great place for those 'Lil buggers. I know for me, the

Sierra was.

P.S. My Great Aunt by marriage spent her early Childhood
    in Butte. And I lived in Butte Co. Cal for a number of
    years. It all seems like "fate" doesn't it?[This Message was Edited on 02/22/2008]
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for the compliments!Getting Crowned king Made his Winter!,,,lolol He really likes it there and all the little old ladies who are or arn't in their right minds try to pick up on him!...lolol,,,Funny!,,,

His roomate is my English Teacher from Highschool,,,,Mr Swanberg,,,who is mildly senile,,,and dad is Completely with it so the conversations they have are Amazing to say the least!,,,,,,,,,,,,

Dad is the social bug of the Nursing home! And he also plays the Harmonicia (By Ear) so yeah it's a hay-day!

Mrdad===No i haven't been tested for lyme but it probably wouldn't be a bad idea!,,,i remember having tics around as a kid,,,,,,,

So your Aunt lived in Butte hey! That's a wild town! lots of Irish immagrents there from the old Mining days!,,,,They have This big open pit there now and you can take tours etc,,,,

But let me tell ya St Patty's day in Butte is celebrated on a huge scale,,,,Montana is a great place to live if you don't mind the winters!,,,,,,,,,,,Sis,
  5. ckball

ckball New Member

What a wonderful picture. He looks happy and healthy. It is good to know that he is enjoying his life with others doing the same thing. I am very happy for you and your family-Carla
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

Carla! He's doing pretty Good!,,,,has to walk with a cane,,,but Thats ok,,,,,,He has fun no matter what!,,,,lolol,,,Sis
  7. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I've been to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone but didn't have
    the time to venture further North to Baniff etc. I still
    plan to make that trip some day! Don't think I'll be climb-
    ing Moran in the Tetons again however. Too old for that!

I see they want to take the Grey Wolf off the "Endangered
    Species" list. Rancher's are pushing for it. Hey, so we
    loose a few sheep and Basques once in awhile! There's always
    more where they came from! Ya know what I'm sayin?

Do look into the Lyme, especially through the Igenex Lab!
    I suspected it for years and finally went and had it done
    on my own time and $$$. Now at least I have some definition
    and possibility of SOME improvement in my health! LOVE the

8. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Sis, he does look so happy and so cute. You are such a good daughter.

Thanks for the update
  9. victoria

victoria New Member

He looks like the king of the world there!!!!!

So do you get your sense of humor from him or your Mom?

10. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Such a sweet photo of your Dad. He looks like he has an amazing spirit and alot of stories to tell. He reminds me of my own Dad.

11. sisland

sisland New Member

Yes dad is full of it ! if you know what i Mean! My Mom used to say He was the biggest B-S'er in the country and she was right!,,,,,

He's full of stories and jokes all the time!,,,,,,,I guess i get it from him but,,,not to the Dad exstent!,,,,,,,lolol,,,,,,,Thanks everyone,,,I'm bless to have you all for Friends!,,,,,,,Love,,,Sis

Mrdad~~~Hi yep the Wolf was on the ED list for quite awhile,,,and is off again and is on the prowl again!,,,,,I'm sure there are a few that get (Taken Down) with the old Shotgun and no-one knows the difference!,,,,,,,,,They got a taste of beef and thats all it took for them to start takin' the cows and calfs out,,,,,,,,,,,,Yellowstone is Gorgeous! i live about 12 hrs north of that,,,,,Banff is in Canada and is Gorgeous Too!,,,,,,,,,,Hope your having a great day!,,,,Sis
  12. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

To bad he is a little bit far from TX. One of my singing groups go around to Nursing Homes and assisted living places and perform.

Hey, he could play his harmonica with us. I am sure he would love it but alas MT is to far away from TX. Yes, he does look like he is having a great time. Glad he likes it there.

Hugs and blessings,

13. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks Gals!
    Lindy~~I'll Tell him hi for you all!
    Dad is a Character! he's up for playing the harmonicia anywhere at anytime Granni!,,,,

has played with several bands (Old Time),,,and as long as they know all the old American Classics,,,,,,,he can play along with them!,,,,,,,,,,Some songs he plays,,,,,

Marching Through Georgia
    Tennesee Waltz
    Casey Jones (Railroad Song) and does the Train Whistle
    Jingle Bell Rock
    O Holy Night,,,,,,,,,Theres alot more but i can't think of them right now,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,Sis