elaine, budmickle, sisland I have an ebay question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mollystwin, Sep 11, 2007.

1. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I have an ebay question. I have never sold on ebay only bought things. I have purchased over 100 items in the past 2 years and have never come across this situation before.

I just bought an iron last night and paid for itimmediatly after the auction ended thru paypal. The seller sent me a message saying thanks for the payment but you need to send me $2.25 for a packing fee. I already paid 13.95 for shipping and handling, so I went back to the item description and noticed that she had on the bottom that she charges 2.25 for peanuts and bubble wrap. This amount did not show up on the invoice when I paid. I;m not even sure how to pay it now that I've already paid the invoice amount.

I guess even if I noticed this comment when I purchased it, I would have assumed it was included in the shipping and handling fee.

Is she correct to make me pay this amount before she will ship the package? If so how do I make this payment? I've only ever paid by clicking pay now button and gone through the paypal instructions.

What to I do?

2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I did get a good price on the iron and it's brand new, so I don't mind paying the extra 2.25. I just didn't like the attitude I got when she emailed me. "thanks for fast payment, but you still need to send me 2.25 for packing". It sounded a bit snippy to me!!

I will go and see if I can pay her through paypal. If I can't figure it out, I will ask her to send me another invoice.

3. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I recently bought 2 auction items from the same seller. In the listings, she said she would combine shipping for multiple auctions. I didn't read the fine print.

I thought that her shipping was too high but combining the cost, I chose to bid anyway.

Well... she only discounted $1.00. I told her I thought the shipping was out of line. She said tough. I said I'm not paying. She said tough. I had 2 unpaid item strikes against me. I thought tough. I'm not paying 'ransom' shipping costs. Besides, I have 250 positive feedback remarks so I wasn't too worried.

I emailed Ebay and explained to then, I didn't read the listing close enough, and that the shipping was out of line anyway. They (Ebay) removed the unpaid strikes.

She had the items relisted at an outrageous 'Buy It Now' price and outrageous shipping charges. They didn't sell.

Were you able to get the $2.50 paid through PayPal. As Elaine explained, it should have worked unless you are having a day like me... everything has gone wrong... LOL!

4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Budmickl and Elaine,

I got another email from the seller this morning saying it is not possible to issue another invoice, which I know isn't true because my MIL has done it and a different seller did it for me when she listed her shipping too low and I agreed to pay more shipping just to be nice because that seller made an honest mistake.

She did tell me in this email that all I had to do was go to paypay select send funds and put in her email address. So I did that and sent her the money.

I don't think she is happy with me because she sent me two emails and neither were friendly like ebayers usually are. She is a new seller, only has sold about 20 items. She has 100% favorable, but one comment was neutral and said they never got the item they bought and there was not good communication with the seller. Not sure why they would issue a neutral feedback if they never got thier item.

Anyway, I resolved this issue and hope to get my iron soon. The total price I paid was about $25 for a brand new iron that retails for $79. It's on sale at Target for $45. So I did get an excellent price because nobody else even bid on it.

Thanks for all your expert advice!!!
  5. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Oh my, what kind of iron did you buy?? Do you do a lot of ironing? Does that include someone to do the ironing?

It's just so odd in today's world to think of people ironing.

Growing up, my mom was a SAHM but did babysitting and ironing for other people. People used to bring over 3 baskets full every week. Now days, I bet some of the younger people have no idea how to put up an ironing board, let alone how to iron.

I hope you receive your buy in a timely manner from this seller. Like Elaine said, I don't like her. I hope I don't want something she selling!

6. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

My old iron was a used one from my Mother. She dies almost 10 years ago and it was part of my inheritance.

No, I do not iron very often. I have a few shirts and one pair of pants that need ironing. Needless to say I don't wear these very often. And I always iron them at the same time and get it over with.

The other day I got out the iron and ironed the pants. Everything was fine until I was almost done with the first shirt. It is a white cotton button down shirt. I was almost done, just finishing the sleeve when the iron spewed orange water all over the shirt!! The light went out on the iron and it died on me!!!

So after ironing the stupid shirt, I had to throw it back in the wash!!! I was really bummed out. But at least the pants are ironed. And I can save the two shirts for when the ironing person comes with my new iron!!! I hope the ironing person is nicer than the seller! Where do you suppose I should keep this ironing person when she is not ironing? I hope they don't eat a lot!!

Thanks again friends for your support!!!!

Oh and I almost forgot to say that the new iron is cordless!! No cord to get in my way!!!

[This Message was Edited on 09/12/2007]
  7. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Well if she was my ironing person, I'd let her have the pantry instead of the broom closet. The washer and dryer is in there. And she eat whatever she wants, as long as she has the laundry and ironing done!

I have about 15 blouses hanging in my closet that I haven't worn for several seasons because I hate to iron them. If I ever get back to work, I just might take them to the cleaners and let them do it.

8. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Elaine, tell the ironing person to ask the snippy ebay seller where my shipping address is.

When she is done with my ironing I will send her to my sisters house and she can do her ironing too!!! After she eats of course.

Budmickl, My broom closet is actually in my laundry room, so it would work out great to store the iron and the person in that room. In fact my ironing board is in the broom closet too. How convenient would that be?

And if you don't want to pay to have those blouses ironed, just send them over to my house and the new ironing person can iron them for you!!

9. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

ROTFL!!! That was very witty!! OK, she gets to eat whatever, I mean however much she wants to! We don't want any de-pressed, starchy and cross/creased ironing people now do we???

10. sisland

sisland New Member

I just got home from seeing my Dad for 2 days,,,,,,,,tierd!! LOLOL I'm Glad this Ironing Delimia is workin' out for you! lolol! fun thing to read!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs to all!,,,,,,Sis
  11. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I would like to offer my services as your ironing lady. To be isolated for a while sounds wonderful!!!

Besides, with a cordless iron, it can't be that much work, eh? 3 blouses and a pair of pants, I can handle that!

[This Message was Edited on 09/13/2007]