Elaine, et al I posted a picture FINALLY

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Granniluvsu, May 24, 2008.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Elaine, Mickey and those who have been trying to get and help me to put a picture on the site. Well, here it is.

It is not the most recent but maybe a couple years old. I tried to make it bigger but somehow it did not come out tht way. It is to small and dark too. Oh well, I will keep working on it. It can't be that old as I can still wear that dress.

I am not exactly sure what I did but there is a picture up there - yay !

I am sure I have better ones too. This is DH and I at some dressy function. Have no idea of where it is cause it is to dark.

Hugs to Y'ALL
    [This Message was Edited on 05/26/2008]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

You look very elegant. Sometime you'll have to post a pic of one of your singing groups.

3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

so where's the shawl and the bed cap???

Lovely pic. Tx for posting, you look absolutely NOTHING as I imagined! (granni will tell you I always imagined her like the granni in Little Red Riding Hood).

Pretty lady-is that your handsome DH?

Love Annie
  4. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I knew you could do it! Especially with the great guidance that Elaine gave you.

What a lovely lady you are! And like Annie just said, yhou look nothing like what I imagined. I expected Grandma! A little old lady wearing support hose and making biscuits from scratch!

Thanks for sharing this. Now I can actually see who I'm posting to!

Now that everyone has gotten a chance to see two of my babies, I think I'm gonna put me back up. It sure helps when I can see who I'm posting to and I assume others feel the same.
  5. Granniluvsu

Glad you all appreciated my lovely(?) photo. Yes that is my DH.

I have a picture of me and one of the gals in our tap group dancing. I am guessing that it is one from a couple of years ago since they closed out dance studio. When we dance, (three of us) it has been the same dance over and over since we haven;t had anywhere to practice.

Rock - do you remember the song "Goody Goody". ?? That is the one we have to keep dancing to . I will see if I can find a good one with our singing group too.

I probably looked my best for this pic with hair fixed and all for whatever it was. Normally I do not fuss that much.

P.S. I guess you won't believe the story of me in my shawl and rocker or bed waiting for the Big Bad Wolf anymore, would you?
  6. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

This pic is nice!! You look like you are having a great time.

No shawl and rocker for you!!

7. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Lovely photo, Dear! I always pictured you looking like a GRANNI. Wow! You don't look like any Granni I know. You look absolutely lovely and sophisticated. And you are sooo sweet too!

8. springwater

springwater Active Member

It was nice to see yur pic. From your bio I can see you lead an active life...I really really admire/envy energy and go in people...maybe because i lack it. I love singing/dancing but would die before i had the guts to do it in front of an audience...like someone suggested here maybe you could post a pic of your dancing group

God Bless

9. Granniluvsu

Thanks again so much for you sweet and kind words. I am glad you liked he picture. Like I sai there isn't a date on the pic so I do n rememer when it was taken or even where. The pic is so dark there is hardly any backgroud.

Also, the dress I bought for my son's wedding in 01 and tht was 8 years ago. However I do not think I or we look that much different now, maybe a bit of weight gain in the wrong places if you know what I mean.

We don't do dance lessons anymore since they closed the studio a couple of years ago so we keep on doing the same dance and some places we go to do not have a dance florr or place suitable to tap dancing. We do hae some videos of us so we could try to re learn some of the dances. However, we haven't done so.

Also, our director/leader/piano player has had lots of illnesses lately and who kows when she will quiet. She is pushing herself since che started the group . I think she is in her mid 80's I think. She has always been a very person but has been eliminating activities little by little. Her husband has also been having some problems. too.

I did find a pic that had one of the dancers and myself a few years ago but not sure how clear it will come out cause it was copy too.

As far as looking young or not my age, I have heard others say that too as well as both my parents also did esp my mom. Before she fell and broke her hip the 2nd time and went downhill she always looked younger and took care of herself. She was also a small person which helped. She was 5'2 and about 110 or less.

Bye for now. Have a GREAT Memorial Day.

10. Granniluvsu

Thank you so much for your sweet words. I am still trying to find a more recent picture.

Oh yes, I am a Granni alright. Our oldest grandchild will be 18 the end of this week and graduating from H.S.

11. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

You do NOT look your age at all.

Thanks for the photo, it's nice to know what people look like.

12. Granniluvsu

By the way I am the one on the left. I already wrote some info on the new post with this pic.

Still trying to search for a recent pic, possibly with our group. This is a copy of a pic so it is a copy of a copy !! Facial features are not very good but you see I am dancing.

13. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Nice photo, Marilyn. I'm betting you're the one on the right. Oops! Wrong.

I must have missed one because there's just gurls. ;>) No DH.

14. Granniluvsu

That outfit is very slimming plus I have gained a bit of weight since then - not a bunch but in the waist, hips and butt mostly.

Thanks for the kind ( I think) remarks (-: !! I need bigger pants now if they do not have an elastic. Gained some weight since we no longer have a dance studio or teacher. Also, this sitting on the puter talkin to you all doesn't help either <> !!

Hope you are having a great day. Going to eat some steaks soon - yummy!!

15. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

you look even younger, tall, slim and fit looking!!!!!

I am so impressed.

16. Granniluvsu

Sorry you cannot tap any more. It is great fun and esercise. However, I am not doing it that much any more on a weekly basis so I am gaining weight = ugh !! It is an easy thing to do- gaining weight tht is. Never used to worry about it.

Thanks for the sweet words.

17. Granniluvsu

How sweet of you. Unfortunatly I think I have also gained a bit of weight in my thighs but I think I can still fit into my leotards (-: !! We dance again towards the end of June. So I will see (-: !!!

Can't see my face to much in that pic though.

Bkessings and hugs,

18. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Oh Granni, I love love your photo of you and DH. So much fun. I would never be able to get my DH to do something like that.

What great legs you both have, WOW, knockouts. Okay which one is you????? I am assuming the one on the right.

Thanks for sharing and sorry you had such a hard time getting the picture up.
  19. Granniluvsu

In the dancing pic I am the one on the left. Can you believe th either gal is in her 80's and has alot more energy than I do, for sure. She is very thin, with no waist or butt. I, unfortunatly, have both.

Thanks for the sweet words. I have gained a bit of weight probably since that pic, in the wrong places, of course.

20. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

What are you talking about???? You have no waist or butt in that picture. You look GREAT!!!!! I hope I look like that when I am older and again, your legs are gorgeous!!!!