Elavil and stage 4 sleep?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by judywhit, Jul 28, 2003.

1. judywhit

judywhit New Member

does anyone know if when taking Elavil it helps to induce stage 4 sleep? This has been a godsend for me and would like to know if the stage 4 sleep that I hear so much about is being induced with this med.
    Judy
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Like everything else, it doesn't work for everyone. I'm glad it is helping you.

All it did for me was to make me sleepy, but my sleep was never the refreshing kind and I awoke feeling as exhausted as when I went to bed. I also rapidly put on 20 pounds on this drug.

I know it has been a God send for Jelly and perhaps she will be along to post about it.

Love, Mikie
  3. lynnkat

lynnkat New Member

Judy, greetings from the hot and windy state--Kansas! I have been using Elavil for about a month now and so far it has made a difference in the quality of sleep I am getting.

I tried using sonata for sleep but all that did was keep me wide awake so I know that meds work differently for everyone. I now take Ambien along with the Elavil at bedtime and am getting more ZZZZZZZs.

Hope it works for you and the sandman brings you deep and restful sleep. Take care, :) lynnkat

[ advertisement ]