Elavil didn't workbad depressionNeed sleep med

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Mar 12, 2006.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

Well I tried the elavil so many talk about and it just didn't do it for me. Works on everyone different. Was hoping it would cause it's cheaper. Had to go back to zoloft and upped it to 50 mg. Had been taking 25mg for 3 yrs. Dr told me to be sure and wean myself off but I was out and I thought I'd be ok. Wrong. I should know better. Called dr told them to get the zoloft ordered and get it here quick. LOL.. I'm lucky right now, I'm able to get the zoloft free thru Phizer.

I still need something for sleep. Was thinking about trying klonopin. It seems to work for alot of you. Be worth a try. I'm just such a chicken in trying new meds. I always wonder how they'll affect me and go with what else I take. I drive myself crazy sometimes. I'm back to taking tylenol pm again which doesn't work good anymore. I worry about taking too much tylenol. Any suggestions.

Take care,Keke
  2. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

and works well without weight gain .
  3. joc_07

joc_07 New Member

Hi Keke,
    I used to take Zopiclone and it was awesome. When I took it I was out like a light bulb and not get up till my alarm went off. The thing that worried me was would I wake up if my place was on fire? That's how hard I slept.

I stopped taking it after awhile because the doctor just kept giving me refills and I had read that you shouldn't take it for more than 4 weeks. I took it for close to a year. I did not get addicted but I also don't seem to get addicted to anything.

I had tried trazadone before the zopiclone and did not like it. I didn't sleep better, I twitched really bad during the day, and I had bad dry mouth.

My Doctor just started me on Elavil because she says I have to sleep. It's so-so, and I am getting dry mouth with this medication too.

It's your right to ask for help and get it from your Doctor. Good luck.

Jocelyn
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

That make some sleep makes others wide awake. Pamelor did that to me made me wired.

The only thing that makes me sleep is valium at relaly low dose of 2mg. If I take 10mg it makes me wired.

The zoloft may be keeping you awake even though you need it. Can you take it in the early a.m.?

AC
  5. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Trazadone is a good one, Neurontin could also help. I would stay away if you can from the Klonopin since it is so addictive. Many times it has to be increased because these type of drugs(Klonopin, Valium, xanax) stop working at the same dosage. My doctor won't prescribe these because of the this.

I take Elavil with Neurontin for pain and sleep. The Elavil alone didn't work to help me sleep until I added the Neurontin.

Hope you find the right combo that works,

Laura
  6. libra55

libra55 New Member

I have just started on Klonopin (see my thread and the responses to it; all pretty positive). It's the best one I found so far and I tried 'em all believe me. It even stopped my teeth grinding.

I know its addictive. most the benzos are addictive.

I got desperate though, was getting NO sleep so doctor suggested it. Feel so much better since getting sleep. it's worth it to me.

I guess every thing has trade offs.

Michelle