Elective Surgery?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JPach007, Sep 24, 2005.

1. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

I've been considering a breast reduction for several years..I thought it might help my back pain. Waiting to see what Insurance is going to do.
    How do you all think this surgery would effect FMS and vise versa?
  2. cindymindy

cindymindy New Member

Sorry it took me so long to answer. I've been sick alot and then it took me forever to find your post again.
    I had very large breast and had a reduction done in 2001. I'm not sure how much it helped my pain but it has improved my ability to move around. My hubby has a habit of putting the car keys just under the front seat. I always had a hard getting them and would have to get out of the car and still had a hard time! My fibro still makes it hard but easier than it used to be.
    As for fibro pain from the surgery I didn't have a hard time. The breast have no muscle in them and it really wasn't a painful surgery. I know you would think it would be but it really wasn't.
    I did have some trouble with healing but that seems to be a normal problem for me.
    I have never regreted it and would do it all over again.
    If you have any more questions feel free to ask. Good luck on whatever you decide.
    One more tip, if your insurance company wants you to go through their normal crap which if I remember right was going to take 6 months, just go to ER once every week or two and then call them and tell them you are going to have to keep doing that and they will approve your surgery alot faster. Sometimes we have to play their games right back to get what we need.
    cindymindy

[This Message was Edited on 09/30/2005]
  3. cindymindy

cindymindy New Member

4. cindymindy

cindymindy New Member