ELECTRIC SHOCKS IN L. ARM / BURNING EYES

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hazygal, Aug 5, 2003.

1. hazygal

hazygal New Member

THE OTHER DAY I WAS TAKING A SHOWER AND ALL OF A SUDDEN DOWN MY LEFT ARM CAME LIKE A ELECTRICAL SHOCK SENSATION IT LASTED ABOUT TWO SECONDS. BUT THEN IT CAME AGAIN AND AGAIN. IT WAS REALLY FORCEFUL LIKE IT WAS PRESSURE SHOOTING DOWN THE ARM???? IT WASN'T PAINFUL BUT IT WAS SCARY AND EVEN SCREAMED A LITTLE BIT BECAUSE OF THE STRANGE SENSATION. IT CAME AND WENT STRONGLY THE FIRST HOUR, THEN FADED OUT AS THE DAY WENT ON... ANYONE ELSE GO THROUGH THIS OR KNOW WHAT IT MAY BE? SHOULD I CALL MY NEUROLOGIST ABOUT THIS? I DON'T WANT TO APPEAR HYSTERICAL YOU ALL KNOW HOW DRS. CAN BE. ALSO YESTERDAY I WENT AND BOUGHT SOME EYEDROPS BECAUSE MY EYES HAVE BEEN SORT OF BURNING, AGAIN NOT PAINFUL, I PUT THEM IN AND THE BURNING SENSATION IS STILL HERE AND NEVER LEFT... ANYONE KNOWS IF THERE IS A CONNECTION? TX HAZYGAL
    [This Message was Edited on 08/05/2003]
  2. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

I'm not a doctor but it sounds to me like you might have pinched a nerve in your neck when you moved your head in the shower. It probably freed up as the day went on. That's the most likely explanation, before you go thinking up all kinds of nasties. If you can't reproduce the sensation by tilting your neck forward, or by having another shower, I'd try to forget it for the time being. There's no obvios connection to your eye problem.
    Good luck!
    Marcus
  3. MissRachel

MissRachel New Member

Hi Hazygal,

I've haven't had electric shock in my arm, but I can relate to burning, itchy, and dry eyes. I used to wear contacts, but aftr a very long flare up, I haven't touched them since. I have read from many other posts that the eye problem is very common for us FMers. Eye drops and wet face towels is all I have done for myself, maybe others will have suggestions.

Hope your arm gets better,
    Rachel
  4. hazygal

hazygal New Member

pls. someone give me some diffinitive answeeer
  5. rigby

rigby New Member

I have burning eyes with cloudiness went to eye doctor yesterday they did all kind of test Neurontin can make you have some eyes problems but he told me as we get older our eyes change and not just by vision can't explain how he show me. Just to usee eye drops like natural tears Rigby