Electric Shocks

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, Sep 10, 2009.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I'm sure this topic has been posted before, but it seems to be buried and I cant find it.

Anyway, I've noticed these severe shocks that not only bring tears to my eyes, but take my breath away. The only way I have found to handle these is to hold my breath.

I've also noticed the lymph nodes in my neck aching, my jaw and ears aching also, but this is outside of the electric shocks.

How do you'all handle them?
  2. thisonecoolgirl

thisonecoolgirl New Member

I had my first "shock" today. It went from my lower back straight through to behind my left ear. I gasped and didn't exhale for a full minute.

The glands behind my ears are so enlarged, you can see them when looking at me face on. My only advice is to not wear a ponytail - not an attractive look :)

I'm pretty new to all of this. I thought I had mono - for the past year - but now I'm coming to terms with the fact that this is going to be around awhile.

I read somewhere that heating pads help for the glands, and anti-anxiety medication for the "zaps"...so, I'm off to plug in some warmth and pop a Klonopin.

3. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

Everything you listed are signs of food allergies. I would speak to your doctor about testing you for your trigger foods or trying an elimination diet to sort through your possible offenders.

Sounds strange, I know, but it's true. The electric shock like feeling was one of my major issues (painful like you wouldn't believe, or well maybe you would). And now that I have identified most of my offenders, that sensation is gone (after years of experiencing it). And the swollen, achy lymph nodes, jaw and ear ache are all related.

good luck and I hope you feel better.