electrical brain stimulation

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by woofmom, Sep 8, 2006.

1. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I wonder if this might help any of us. The part that caught my attention was about Parkinson's and muscles. I know a lot of this is immune related. But,I also believe brain communication is involved. Sorry I haven't been on in a while but my health problems are mostly, if not all, caused by multiple chemical sensitivities. Perfume and certain other chemicals wreck havoc on my autonomic nervous system. Formaldehyde,toluene, and all the other poisonuous garbage is everywhere and it's maiming and killing all of us and all future generations......www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.09/brainshock.html
  2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

3. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Read the www. article I posted. The girl in the coma didn't have anything implanted in her brain. He put it on her wrist. And yes, I did watch Primetime.
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

I think there is a lot yet to be learned about what can help different problems in the body.

I recently read about work being done at Emory for depression: "An investigational treatment employing electromagnetic stimulation relieved depression in 25 patients whose depression failed to respond to conventional treatment, report Emory University researchers at this week's American Psychiatric Association meeting."

And this may sound weird, but it is true:

there was a very hyper-active child that was being seen at a clinic where my DH was working... one day he came in with his Mom and seemed normal for the first time. Seems he'd stuck a non-insulated screwdriver or similar into a wall socket and got shocked... and voila, no more hyperactivity, was 'normal'...
  5. woofmom

woofmom New Member

6. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I'm doing great, until I'm exposed to whatever chemicals. My energy level is a lot better. I just have to make myself wear my odor mask EVERYTIME I go anywhere. Last week my BP started going up again. I also had sore muscle spasms in my neck and shoulders. I changed the filters in my air cleaners and got significant improvement. Those toxic chemicals wreck havoc on our autonomic nervous system.
  7. goodguy34

goodguy34 New Member

Here it is

http://www.prweb.com/releases/Fibromyalgia-FMS/Depression-Treatment/prweb433645.htm

Was wondering if anyone has tried it.
  8. goodguy34

goodguy34 New Member

Fibromyalgia's New Foe: High-Tech Medical Device Shows Increasing Efficacy for the Debilitating Symptoms of FMS

http://www.prweb.com/releases/Fibromyalgia-FMS/Depression-Treatment/prweb433645.htm
  9. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I don't have fibromyalgia. My illness is multiple chemical sensitivities which can cause fatigue. But, I believe these are all related to brain communication. If a jolt can cause someone to come out of a coma, it might be possible for a jolt to help me process toxins.The only time I have symptoms is when I'm exposed to fragrance and certain other chemicals. I like what Dr. Edwin Cooper in Kinston, N. C. did for a girl in a coma.
  10. goodguy34

goodguy34 New Member

Did you read this article? It is very similar to what you are talking about.
  11. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Yes, I read it. I think it shows amazing promise. Kinda' makes me want to scream to the world: I can throw my mask away. Now if we could just stick those electrical currents in a certain place in the bodies of the jerks who make and market the poisons that made me sick.
  12. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

I get Frequency Specific Micro Current at my Rheumy once a month. It is a electrical current they use for pain, brain fog, lots of different uses. It's great! Takes about 30 to 45 minutes. I can definately tell the difference it has made in my life.
    K
  13. victoria

victoria New Member

Frequency Specific Microcurrent - Kayleen, I never heard of that before... sounds really interesting. It's supposed to help not only nerve/muscle pain, but also SHINGLES!

Well I have CFIDS not FM... do you find the fatigue/brain fog is cut as well? Altho I guess it would be hard to tell if it is because of pain being reduced or what.

On their website, they say that one can also purchase with an RX from their MD or rent one for home use.

Here's a blurb from their website about it:
    --------------
    (It) is an exciting new way of treating nerve and muscle pain and many other conditions using specific frequencies and micro amperage current.

There are hundreds of practitioners in the US, Australia and Canada using FSM to create miraculous changes in patients to reduce pain and improve health. Most of the time FSM produces immediate dramatic changes in tissue that make it an indispensable tool in treating pain and many other health concerns.

For example, there is one frequency that is only useful for shingles and herpes. In the shingles prodrome it eliminates the pain and prevents the blisters from breaking out.

In herpes outbreaks it eliminates the pain and heals the blisters in hours with only a one hour treatment. This frequency combination is only good for this purpose and is not useful for anything else. We have not found anyone it does not work on or any other condition for which it is useful.

The frequency to reduce inflammation reduces inflammation in a blinded animal study more effectively than any drug ever tested in this animal model. No other frequency reduced inflammation at all. The frequency specific effect is remarkable and reproducible.

Published Papers
    * Cervical Trauma and Chronic Pain Fibromyalgia caused by Cervical Injury

* Reverse Heart Disease, Macular Degeneration, and Any Chronice Pain in Minutes!

* Anti-inflammatory Effects of Interferential Frequency-Specific Applied Microcurrent

* Cytokine Charges with Microcurrent Treatment of Fibromyalgia Associated with Cervical Spine Trauma
    --------------

Very interesting!
  14. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I am severely bothered by sensory overload. I have now purchased great set of noise reduction headphones for noise and good sunglasses for outside light and glared reduction glasses so I can use the computer but I have never found anything to help with odors. What kind of mask do you use? It would help me so much to find something. For the most part I can control my home, but when I get in a car and start smelling the smells of the outside world I get sick.

Any help would be appreciated.
  15. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

All I can tell you is that it works for me. I also know that the Rheumy I go to is so busy new patients can't even get in for several months. They have great success stories.
  16. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

Hi Woofmom!

You might try to find a business with an Alpha Spa. It is a dry sauna you lay in. Looks kind of like a capsule. It draws out all the bad stuff from your body and it makes you feel great. I know several people in my town that have been helped by the Alpha Spa including myself. One woman with West Nile swears by it. It's fairly new so I'm not sure there is one in your area. If you can find one do it! That's actually how I found out I had Fibromyalgia.
    I sell advertising. The local spa wanted an ad written talking about how it helps people with FM. I had to look up FM to see what it was so I could write the ad. I'm reading through the stuff on the internet and about fell of my chair. I had been to probably 10 different doctors in the last 5 years and not one even brought up anything like FM, but I had all the symptoms including all the trigger points. I had to diagnosis myself. Luckily I found a great doctor right off the bat. About 20 years ago I was exposed to alot of chemicals at my job. It about killed me. I also believe I am sensitive to chemicals because of it. Good Luck!
    K
  17. woofmom

woofmom New Member

For the past year, I'v constantly read up on Aspartame and other toxins and how they poison us. I believe my central nervous system is greatly impaired because of this constant poisoning. I've read and read and studied and studied. I've tried so many different things. My diet and supplements help a LOT. But, I need to get my brain repaired. The only thing I've read about that sounds extremely promising to me is electrical brain stimulation that is being tried on people w/ fibro, parkinson's, adhd, depression, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, etc. I've got a dr. appt. sept. 20. I'm gonna' have him get me one of these. It cost about $500.00. If it doesn't work, I can get my money back. I read that 90% of people w/ fibro show improvement.
  18. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

Please let us know if the device helps you feel better .
    We will all be curious .

I hope it helps!
  19. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Well, I don't know. My mother endured electroshock so-called "therapy" at the hands of her shrinks in several mental hosps a long time ago and all it did for her was to make her worse than she had been.

Didn't know who her friends were, would be found looking for where she lived, got no improvement in the areas that the shocks were supposed to help, had severe hallucination episodes, suicidal depression, etc.

I'm glad to read it helped that poor lady in the coma, though.
    Lea.
  20. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I know about electrical shock. My uncle had it about 30 years ago.This microcurrents. Gentle brain stimulation as opposed to shock.