electrical shock

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nitalynn, Dec 1, 2002.

1. nitalynn

nitalynn New Member

Hi, has anyone had a significant electrical shock prior to being diagnosed? I got indirectly hit by lighting. (It came in on an appliance I was using and knocked me on my butt). I've wondered if it could be related. My grandmother was hit by lighting twice and I know it affected her physically.
  2. nitalynn

nitalynn New Member

Hi, has anyone had a significant electrical shock prior to being diagnosed? I got indirectly hit by lighting. (It came in on an appliance I was using and knocked me on my butt). I've wondered if it could be related. My grandmother was hit by lighting twice and I know it affected her physically.
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

and this was prior to the fatigue and pain, but it was after doctors diagnosed me with a connective tissue disease of an unspecified type....whatever that means!
    Kady
  4. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

never had any shocks like that.

Jaci
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Many of us have noticed that we experience unusual electrical activity. We carry a lot of static electricity on our bodies, some of us cannot keep watches running, and electrical appliances and computers often do strange things around us. It would seem that might make us attractive to lightening.

On "Unsolved Mysteries," they ran a story about a woman with debilitating MS who received an almost deadly shock from lightening. After, she started to improve and eventually all traces of MS disappeared and she now lives a normal life. Interesting.

Love, Mikie
  6. phenom

phenom New Member

that is so amazing! never heard of that. i haven't had anything like that - my sister (who does not have FM) wipes floppy disks blank just by holding them and can shut down computers within half an hour of sitting near them! she's not allowed near mine! hehehe have a good-ish day

phenom
  7. dan0248

dan0248 New Member

If that's the case then I should be free of everything related to FM. I have work in the electrical career field all my life, and I’m 52 years old and I have been fighting this DD for over 10 years. Now when I do get hit with a good jolt of electric it does seem to make me pain free for a while. Not sure if it’s because of the jolt or if it’s because it is a whole new pain area. Not sure if I’m willing to suffer through shock therapy to find out just yet. But that may change real soon if my request for SSD falls through, I haven’t been able to work for over two months.
  8. Ellie5748

Ellie5748 New Member

I was on the phone one day in 1976 and it wasn't storming. All of a sudden there was a flash of lightening and it came through the phone line. It ruptured my ear drum, knocked the phone out of my hand and the receiver flew out out of my hand, hit the fridge and put one heck of a dent in it. Needless to say, I NEVER talk on the phone when it looks like rain. It was a painful experience that I never want to have again. I've lost 75% of my hearing in that ear. I also was knocked down. Pretty scary.

Regards,

Ellen