Electronic malfunctions coincidence? FMS related?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kyra07, Dec 27, 2007.

1. kyra07

kyra07 New Member

A few days ago, I woke up with a wicked flare and was in a lot of pain. Two of us in the house I was visiting have CFIDS/FMS. Strangely, throughout the day several electronic devices started to malfunction...multiple times--coffee pots, phones, dryer, dishwasher, etc. All were on different breakers and is in a relatively new building, so wiring and shorting of circuits should not be a problem. Appliances wouldn't work when turned on, then would and wouldn't turn off, would start randomly, etc. all during various times of the day.

We recalled hearing that this can happen with FMS folk, but we couldn't find the source in her books. We weren't sure if it was strange coincidence, FMS strangeness or if we should call TAPS to test for paranormal activity... :D

Anyone here have that strange problem before?
  2. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

I have FM and CFS. The sicker I get, the more electrical anomalies I experience. Anything from watches running backwards to lightbulbs blowing out, demagnetizing the magnetic strips on credit cards, short circuiting computers, vacuum cleaners, and toasters.

From what I understand, it has to do with ion channelopathy, which is one of the many things that can go wrong with this stuff. Ion channels are what make your synapses fire.

Here's a good article on ion channelopathy:

When I am in remission, I don't zap anything.

3. victoria

victoria New Member

I know my MIL and my DH both couldn't wear normal watches, they wouldn't work... wonder if the computer malfunctions so much of the time when he uses it because of this? LOL, if anything is going to happen, it almost always seems to happen to him... effectively further causing him to hate computers.

As to CF/FM neither he nor his mother had CF/FM, both always had a lot of energy.... altho we strongly suspect at this point in his life he has lyme, as he did end up with RSD and atypical bells palsy. And, coming from upper midwest, well, who knows re: lyme etc. might've been around for a long time undiagnosed... wonder if there's a link with it or co-infections.