Elevated anticardiolipin antibodies

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BabiCati, Apr 8, 2006.

1. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

I finally saw a new rheumy that was recommended to me on this site, Dr. Claudia Saba, in No. Virginia and she ordered a bunch of tests. It came back negative for lupus and RA (big surprise) but with elevated anticardiolipin antibodies. The doctor put me on a one a day children's aspirin until I go back for more tests next week. This test sometimes is positive with lupus. I have to talk to her to find out if this means I am going to have lupus.

The main danger with this is an increased risk for blood clots, which has me really scared. Have any of you had this before? If so, what happened?
  2. zena01

zena01 New Member

Hi,
    They found I had it as well.....I just take an aspirin a day.....I only have the purple mottled skin once in a while and my level or whatever isn't all that high. Some people are on "real" blood thinners. There is a lot of info on the net about it -- it's also called Hughes Syndrome.

It seems to run with Fibro -- If I remember correctly anyway. You might try a search here and see -- I think there have been several threads on it.

Good luck,
    Sherri
  3. gumama

gumama New Member

My daughter has this and she has Lupus AND Fibro AND Meniere's... the blood clot issue is the thing you have to worry about, but like the other posters mentioned. aspirin usually handles it if it isn't severe...

You have to be very CAREFUL about Dental or reg surgery for anything, so be sure and tell your Dr' and Dentist that you have this condition.... I don't know that it means you WILL get Lupus, I just know a lot of Lupus patients have this condition.

Blessings
    gumama
  4. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

for your replies. What is the purple mottled skin? I haven't heard this before. I have been getting a weird red blotch on my leg that turns purple and then disappears. I keep forgetting to tell the doctor about it. Is this what you mean?
  5. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

bumping for an answer