Elevated IgG Need Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Aug 16, 2009.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Since I have had so much trouble with sinus, ears ringing etc. thought I would have some allergy testing. I had the RAST test not skin testing .

All the test came back normal except a mild cat allergy and an elevated IgG , my IgA and IgM were within normal levels. My IgG was 1650 and the norms are 694-1618. No that high but enough to concern me.

It is going to take about a month to go back for a follow up visit wondering if any of you have had this test and if so what does the elevated IgG mean.

I did a search on google but all I could find out is that there seems to be some infection or autoimmune disease.

2. gbmannc

gbmannc New Member

That doesn't sound too out of range, I don't think it's anything to be worried about.

I'm having all my immunoglobulins checked at my next drs visit. My IgA gets consistently measured at around 10 with a range of 70-400. I haven't had IgG tested yet.
  3. joeb7th

joeb7th New Member

I asked one of the doctors at the SamSun clinic in Santa Barbara ( a GI doc ) about it and he dismissed it immediately and wouldn't even comment on it.

I saw this test result marked (H) and found out the range is 70 to 400.
  4. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, greatgran.

Perhaps your elevated total IgG is a result of delayed food sensitivities. As you are probably aware, the RAST test characterizes IgE allergies, which are immediate reactions to foods, and which are not temporary in nature.

Many people with CFS have gut problems that involve dysbiosis and intestinal permeability ("leaky gut syndrome"). In this condition, proteins or large fragments of proteins are able to leak from the gut into the bloodstream, whereas normally, they would be broken down to amino acids before being released to the blood. When the immune system detects them, it develops a delayed sensitivity response, involving IgG antibodies. That's the reason for the food sensitivities that develop in CFS. These are temporary, in the sense that if the person avoids the particular food that produced the response for a few days, the sensitivity will end, but it will come back if the food is eaten repeatedly again.

The solution to this problem is to fix the gut, which is often easier said than done, but it is doable. It normally involves doing some stool testing to find out what's going on in the gut, and then treating accordingly. The Diagnos-techs Expanded GI panel is the most comprehensive test of this type of which I'm aware. It looks at digestive issues, yeast, bacteria, parasites, occult blood, celiac disease, sensitivities to casein and soy, and several other aspects.

Best regards,

5. greatgran

greatgran Member

Gbmanc, Joeb and Rich, for your replies.. Rich I have thought about sensitivities to foods but not sure wich ones bother me..Since the elevated IgG isn't to high I will wait until my appointment and ask the doctor what to do and mention Leaky Gut..Meanwhile I am trying to change my diet and lose some weight..

I doubt my Dx of CFS so often searching for answers as to why I feel the way I do..

God Bless and thanks,