Elevated Liver Enzymes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by getfitat40, Dec 11, 2005.

1. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

I got my blood work results from my Rheumy yesterday and my SED rate (29) and CRP (26.8) are still slightly high, though decreased from other tests. I have been on a low dose of Prednisone for about 2 months so that seems to be helping though he doesn't know why I have so much inflammation with Fibro.

What concerns me is that my GGT was 313 and the normal range is 0.0-60.0 and my SGPT was 75.0 and normal is 0.0-40.0. Last my WBC was high again 20.5 - twice as high as the normail range. I did a search on here and saw that other's liver enzymes were elevated but I am wondering if any one has an explanation. I take Tylenol only when I have to and haven't taken any other NSAIDs for quite a long time. I don't really drink - occasional glass of wine with dinner. Any ideas???
  2. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

I have not had a colontostomoctey (can't have one if I can't spell it!) This new Rheumy I have is one of the top Rheumy's in the country so I would hope he has some answers for me. They mail you lab work results which is a bit strange to me because I have been anxious about the results all weekend. On the other hand, they promised that they never send bad news.

One thing I forgot was I had an upper respiratory infection when I had my lab work done...I wonder if my being sick had anything to do with the off results. I am calling the office to at least talk about this with them. Thank you for the advice. Happy Holidays to you too!
    Nancy