Ellencomstock! I've an appt. with Dr. V!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Jan 5, 2006.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Ellen,

I am so excited, I had to share this!

I cannot get in till March, but I was expecting it to be an even longer wait!

Of course when I talked with his receptonist, my 'fog' along with my cold, made me sound like I was stupid! LOL

There will be a follow up appointment two weeks after. Can you tell me a little bit about the appointments? You probably have and I don't remember it! LOL

She asked who referred me. I told her "Ellen. I have no idea what her last name is. She is on a fibro board I use with no names given out. LOL I did tell her you were from MI!!!!

I hope you are doing well. It sounds like your holiday worked out well. Very good!

Hugs,

Kim
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Would appreciate others bumping this along! Thanx!
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

That's great you have an appt. set with Dr. Vallance. I remember when I called a year ago in December, the earliest appt. they had at that time was in April! They did end up having a cancellation and got me in in March 2005.

The first appt. is mainly to go over your medical history, meds you are on, tests you've had. I remember he spent quite a bit of time with my husband and I. The first appt. is the longest-I think maybe 45 minutes. They also take your weight and blood pressure at the beginning of each visit.

Be sure to take all your medical info in. I'm thinking they might have asked me to mail it to them at the time I scheduled my appt? If they didn't with you, then just take the info in with you.

I remember he scheduled blood work. His office mailed me the results (no dr. has done that before) and then the next visit, he went over the blood work results with me and explained what everything meant.

Also, on the first visit, he tested my tender points.

I always write down questions I have and take them in with me. You know how it goes, you get in there and after you leave remember something you wanted to ask about. I wouldn't worry about the brain fog-with all the FMS patients Dr. Vallance sees I am sure that he and his office staff are used to confused people!

That's all I can think of for now.

Ellen
  4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Thanks for responding!

Should I take test results regarding stuff like my gallbladder, breast cancer, gastroparesis, etc? I do have my last lab work, and I have seen 2 rheum., who confirmed the fibro. One time each.

I have plenty of time to get the info. They didn't mention it, but are sending me the packet. Those keep me entertained, HA, for quite awhile!

It was great knowing your husband went in with you. I am so thankful Jim can be there with me.

Have a good weekend! Thanks again, Ellen.

Kim
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I'm not on here on the weekends, so just getting your message today. I'm not sure if they would need the tests you mention, but maybe it wouldn't hurt to take them along. I guess you could always give them a call. Like you say, you do have lots of time to get things ready.

I remember the forms they sent me. They were pretty lengthy. Nice you can fill them out at home. It seems to me they also sent me a map on how to get to their office. I found that their office was easy to drive by and not notice. It's near the water tower on Plymouth Road. I use that as my landmark as I'm driving.

That's good that Jim is going with you. Especially nice if you are having a brain fog day so there another pair of ears to listen to the doctor. Be sure to take a list of questions. One thing Dr. Vallance does is write notes down for you on what he wants you to do. They make a copy for them and give you the original.

Well, take care.

Ellen
  6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Thank you for writing me back! I will gather what little information I have.

I hope your appointment goes well!

Kim