Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cromwell, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

My doc agreed to test me for B12, but I saw the blood work was for curculating. Do you know how to test for absorbtion of B12, as this is what I think I have due to taking PPI's for many years.

Love Annie cromwell ps how is ellie the dog doing honey?
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

Did you mean to ask about B-6 ? I was recently talking about B-6 being necessary when taking L-Tryptophan, so conversion to Serotonin takes place in the brain and not the intestines. If I was talking about B=12, I don't remember it. But, I don't remember A LOT OF THINGS, HA! Anyway, Dr. Mercola says: Vitamin B-12 deficiency results in elevated serum concentrations of methylmalonic acid (MMA); therefore elevated concentrations of MMA have been suggested to indicate vitamin B-12 deficiency. Maybe that helps, but I don't think that's what you wanted to know. If I was taking about B-12, it might help jog my memory if you recap what I was saying.

And, thank you for asking about my Ellie. Sadly, she lost her battle with Liver and Kidney failure in October. This was a dog who touched us deeply and I miss her so much. She first became ill after a neighbor put down Scotts' Turf Builder II. It contains Iron and Herbicides. She was like a poisoning or stroke patient, and suffered for 3 months, before her death. Here is a cut and paste of her Obituary I posted, the day that she died.

My heart is broken, we lost Ellie today, 10/03/06 08:17 AM

As some of you may know, I have been dealing with Acute Kidney and Liver Failure with my beautiful Shar Pei, Ellie.
    Her vet also believes she had Lymphosarcoma, as she developed hundreds of tumors on her one leg.

I have been providing loving hospice care for her for a month or more and she finally lost her battle this morning. I have been in agony for weeks, especially the last few days, knowing she should have been put down, but I couldn't do it. I was actually prepared to do it this morning and had my husband put comfy bedding in the car so we could take her, her suffering was too great. I left for 1 or 2 minutes and found her not breathing and had my husband and son come and we had quiet time with her.

She was the most beautiful, gentle spirit, never a mean word from her. She and I did nursing home visits for several years until I could no longer last the hour. She brought laughs and smiles to hundreds who met her every year at our campground in Maryland. She was somewhat of a celebrity there. She was truely a GREAT AMBASSADOR for her breed. My heart will never be the same without her. I just wish this pain would end.

My daughter often said, If Ellie could speak, she would be much like Estelle Getty, on the Golden Girls. Does't say much, but when she does, man, she cracks you up . That was her. Always acting all cool and reserved, then breaking out in a crazy Ellie act. I will miss her terribly.

Please remember my family in your prayers, we are all hurting. Thank you. and thank God for our companion animals who bring so much love and joy to our lives.

[This Message was Edited on 01/12/2007]
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Thank you so much. It is the B12. This is what I needed.

I think with my brother accident I missed the post and when you posted about the tail incident I thought that was Ellie. I am so very sorry. I lost my two dogs summer 2005 within a month of one another and I am still broken hearted.

My sincere and heartfelt sympathies.

Love Annie
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

And I'm sorry your brother had an accident. I don't remember it, but again, I don't remember a LOT. Is he okay?The one with the TAIL that rocked on, then needed surgery on it, was Mitie Me, Ellies' daughter. Mitie Me went to the vet Tuesday and had the last of her stitches removed. Tail looks pretty good, maybe even better than before I broke it off :eek: She's doing fine, no lasting problems. Thanks,
    [This Message was Edited on 01/12/2007]