elliespad: I really want your pork chop recipe

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by shar6710, Nov 22, 2006.

1. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

The recipe for spanish pork chops sounds great. I am stuck in such a rut I can never think of anything to cook.

Would you please, please share it with me?

(Did I beg enough?)

2. elliespad

elliespad Member

Absolutely, but it's not really a recipe. Grandma used to make it, and I do it like she did. I will give rough amounts.

2 thin or medium porkshops (I use center cut)
    Place in a pan at least 3 inches deep.
    Cover each chop with about 1/2 cut uncooked rice.
    Pour 1-28 oz. can crushed tomatoes over rice
    Add a bit of water, maybe 1/2 cup. (Maybe more)
    Add thick slice of onion (or green pepper) on each chop.
    Salt and pepper.

Cover with lid or aluminum foil.
    Cook at 400 degree for about 1 hour.

[This Message was Edited on 11/22/2006]
  3. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I really appreciate it. I don't eat pork but I thought it might be good with turkey cutlets.

I'll let you know how we like it.

4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Just went shopping yesterday and got a package of pork chops that had a reduction sticker on them...wondered what to do with them, and Wallah! Here on the Chit Chat Board was my answer.

Thanks for sharing. This is something my picky husband will like...Mr. Meat and Potatoes, you know.

Thanks again.

5. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I still havent tried it because of all the leftovers but I will soon.

Fivesue, if you try it first let me know.

6. elliespad

elliespad Member

Well. We actually had them again tonight. They REALLY are easy. I don't usually have them this frequently, but there wasn't much in the house to make. I do love them.
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Froze my pork...too much food and not enough days. Two people really don't eat that much.

I will let you know when I try it. Tonight as my DH will be late, I'm going to granddaughter's basketball game alone, and he will just have to scrounge when he gets home...plenty of leftovers.

Just love having recipes that are tasty and EASY! I used to spend hours cooking...not anymore. Without a family to cook for, it just isn't as fun. Plus, I was alone for 11 years between divorce and remarriage...sure lost the will to cook. Was quite a shock to my system when I had to have regular meals on the table again...and pack a lunch.

But, Jim's worth it. (-:

Long-winded response...sometimes it just happens.

Good day to each,
  8. bmadan

bmadan New Member

I saw this recipe and tried it tonight. It was very tasty. I varied it a little bit, adding minced garlic and since we were out of crushed tomatoes, I used canned whole ones and crushed them myself. I also did both the green pepper rings and the thick slice of onions. Very tasty. Will do again. Might add chicken stock the next time for extra flavor.

Thanks for sharing.

Barbara :)
  9. Babs41

Babs41 New Member

That's so funny. My mom used to make this for dinner when were kids; acutally she still makes it! She said she got the recipe when my dad was in the navy and they lived at the Navy base in the Carolina's. It is a great meal!

10. elliespad

elliespad Member

Pretty EASY meal, huh?
  11. Babs41

Babs41 New Member

do you have any other easy to put together dinner or breakfast recipes in your arsenal?

[This Message was Edited on 12/01/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 12/01/2006]
  12. zerosb3

zerosb3 New Member

I made this a few nights ago and everybody decided it was definitely a keeper. Sometimes I experiment or just try new recipes and they let me know whether it's a keeper or not.

This would also be a great thread for sharing recipes for one pan or one pot dishes, or 1 meal casseroles. I like simple and not using a whole bunch of pots or pans.

[This Message was Edited on 12/06/2006]
  13. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I had the chance to make this yesterday and I ate it for lunch and dinner! It couldn't be simpler to make and easy cleanup is always a plus.

Thanks for sharing it with me.

14. elliespad

elliespad Member

On a day when every second standing is too much, this is really fast and easy.