ELLIESPAD, thank you for advice on turmeric for vertigo

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TXPeach, Jul 6, 2008.

1. TXPeach

TXPeach New Member

Just wanted to let you know that I am having great success with the turmeric for the horrible vertigo I have been suffering.

I cannot thank you enough for your advice! I decided to go ahead and take lysine in conjunction with the turmeric, and I am happy to report that the vertigo is almost completely gone!

The funny thing is the constant "buzzing" I usually have in my head is almost gone too!

Thank you, again, Elliespad. I am so grateful for you! This board is the greatest because of people like you who take the time to try to help others who are suffering.

God bless, and have a great day!
  2. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

can you tell me what has helped you??? my boyfriend's step-father has severe vertigo and lately he's been having too many vertigo attacks. what have you been taking??
  3. TXPeach

TXPeach New Member

So sorry to hear your boyfriend's stepfather is suffering from vertigo. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!

I was told on this board that vertigo can be caused by a reactivated herpes virus and that turmeric or lysine might help, and lo and behold, it worked!

I started out with the 900 mg capsules of turmeric, but it caused some stomach upset so I switched to the 400 mg capsules--one 3 times a day, but I worked up to that dosage. I also take one 500 mg L-Lysine once a day in conjunction with the turmeric.

I had previously tried antivert which didn't help, only gave me severe headaches.

I hope your boyfriend's stepfather gets better. Keep me posted!

God bless,

P.S. The turmeric I am taking is the herb, not the spice. I got my capsules at Walgreens.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/07/2008]
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

That is WONDERFUL!!!! So glad it helped you. Just curious, how long did you take it before it helped? For me it only takes a day or two.

FYI - it MAY be good for treating warts too. A couple years ago, my friend's son had several warts on his feet. His doctor treated them, and they self treated with OTC stuff. He had them for about 6 months. I figured, warts are caused by a virus, and Turmeric will put a Herpes Virus in remission. Should be able to handle warts. I gave him the same dose I took, and recommended to you, 1 capsule 3 times a day. I forget how long it took, but I know they were gone in a week or less. That Turmeric is good stuff.

Anyway, glad it worked for you and glad I could help.

5. TXPeach

TXPeach New Member

I took the turmeric for about a week before I saw noticeable improvement. The vertigo has gradually gotten better each day since. I am still taking it. I want to be certain the vertigo is gone completely before I discontinue use.

I have recommended it to my sister's mother-in-law who has been suffering from vertigo for 4 years. I am hoping and praying it works as well for her as it did for me.

Thanks again, Elliespad. You're a life saver!! :eek:)

God bless,