Elliespad? Where are you? Anyone heard from her?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fivesue, Nov 7, 2007.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I'm wondering if you've had surgery yet? Maybe that's where you are.

I know you had your aunt's funeral to attend...

Just have missed you and know things are going on with you.

If you see this, give me a little note...

Praying all is good.

2. victoria

victoria New Member

but I saw she did do a post today on the CF/FM board...

anyway, here's a bump up!

3. elliespad

elliespad Member

How nice to be missed. Thank you! Yes, I was busy for a few days, making calls and such for my aunt. Then had my sister here from Michigan for 1 1/2 weeks. That was nice. She just left yesterday. And an out of town cousin came and stayed with me. Had lots of fun with her, even though it was due to a death.

My surgery is scheduled for ???, I think next Wednesday, my husband thinks it's Thursday and my sister thought Friday. I go today (Wed.) for my Pre-op testing so will get the date straight then.

Monday I had the CT of Coronary Arteries. This was done in place of the Cardiac Catheterization. What a Comedy of Errors. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong. First, had to take drugs night before and morning of test to lower my heartbeat below 60 beats per minute. Did okay with that, and didn't need an injection when I arrived, it was 53.

Needed 8 (yes 8) IV's. 6 went in vein but hit valves and wouldn't advance. One was in and the machine that pumps the IV in kept turning off, due to back pressure in my veins supposedly. Kept fiddling. Could feel the Contrast dye going in, then it would stop. Did this like 10 times. Then they decided the tubing was defective, had to change that.

Then while in the CT machine, the IV in my arm, which is straight up,sort of holding the machine, BLOWS. LITERALLY could feel it pop, and fluid spewing all over like a gentle rain. Unbelievable realy.

Then, when it's over, I had to pee really bad, so the nurse walks me to nearest bathroom and waits outside. While I'm in there I realize my arm is gushy and yank up my sleeve. Luckily I was wearing black. I am drenched in blood, and it is dripping all over the floor. What a mess. Was so drenched in blood, I couldn't even wear my shirt home. Luckily, I had a zip up sweatshirt with me that I used for a shirt.

They have a compensation plan for when things don't go as planned. Gave me a $15 certificate to their cafeteria or gift shop. And they had to fill out an Incident report. Said they were classifying it Intermediate. Lets hope the surgery goes better next week :).
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

How awful! I don't think I've ever heard of anything going that badly...and the person lived to tell about it! (-:

It is comical...the topper is teh $15.00 "compensation package" you received! I'm sorry...it just makes me laugh. I wonder how they arrived at $15? Do they have a scale for mishaps? (-:

Anyway, I'm sure your surgery will be much better than this...what a story.

Glad you had a good visit with family and will be praying for your surgery next week.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

5. victoria

victoria New Member

how upsetting about the cardiac test, tho you've seemed to take it in stride...!

But I agree, a $15 certificate? Like, what the hey, they could've maybe given you the treatment for free?

Hope things go better at pre-o & next week for you!!!!