elso29

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by majic, Sep 16, 2002.

1. majic

majic New Member

you said to have thyroid check for hair loss. i have all the symptoms of thyroid problems. the doc does the test and they all come back normall. i have the hair loss the weight gain getting cold easy. my question is if i wanted to try synthroid. how do i convince my doc for me to try this on a trial basis. i have a doc that will listen. he just don't like to try meds. when the test results come back negative. all info helpfull. majic
  2. majic

majic New Member

you said to have thyroid check for hair loss. i have all the symptoms of thyroid problems. the doc does the test and they all come back normall. i have the hair loss the weight gain getting cold easy. my question is if i wanted to try synthroid. how do i convince my doc for me to try this on a trial basis. i have a doc that will listen. he just don't like to try meds. when the test results come back negative. all info helpfull. majic
  3. ELS029

ELS029 New Member

You do sound to have a thyroid problem. It's difficult to get a diagnoses when you are
    a borderline case (particularly difficult in the UK). It might be useful to check out http://thyroid.about.com/mbody.htm as they give details of sympathetic drs in the USA.
    Good luck.
  4. majic

majic New Member

for the info. majic

[ advertisement ]