Email Oprah Winfrey& Montel Show about invisible illnesses

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by erfula1, May 14, 2006.

1. erfula1

erfula1 New Member

I just emailed the producers of the Oprah show requesting that they do a show on invisible illness such as CFS/FMS. I explained some about them and how they have changed my life and that Woman's Day had the article in it. I put it in my own words and I was hoping that some of you would join me in requesting it. There is strength in numbers and maybe our voice will be heard. Millions watch Oprah.

If you want to do this follow this link:

http://www2.oprah.com/email/reach/email_showideas.jhtml?_DARGS=/email/reach/email_showideas.jhtml.2
    [This Message was Edited on 05/15/2006]
  2. erfula1

erfula1 New Member

I thought about the fact that he has MS and maybe would be more sympathetic. I don't know if it will work or not. What if it does though?

http://www.montelshow.com/tell/
  3. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Montel and Oprah this morning...maybe this will turn into something good.

Ann
  4. erfula1

erfula1 New Member

Bump Bump!
  5. erfula1

erfula1 New Member

It said that my story and idea had been forwarded to the producers. Don't know if that means anything or not. I figure between the two Montel will be the one to do something.
  6. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

Myself like so many others have written to Oprah & Dr. Phil regarding these illnesses even all at the same time. I don't know how others feel about it, but I don't think they look at the seriousness of these diseases. I was actually

alittle ticked off because I continue to see shows that discuss drug management & the addiction with those taking opiates etc. I do hope that they see the stories written and start to pay closer attention.

PIRT
  7. erfula1

erfula1 New Member

But I am hoping that Montel will since he has MS himself. Maybe if we all email him requesting it they will listen. I put this on 2 other sites that I am a member to so I hope it will get some response.
  8. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

Hi all,

Montel has done several shows on Gulf War Syndrome (he was a Marine Corp Officer for MANY years!)

If we tell him about the connection to FM/CFIDS and GWS, it might make a difference.

I'll try to email him soon and tell them what I know about this connection. Montel is VERY sympathetic to vets..

julie (is free!)

Did I shave my legs for this....? - Deanna Carter