Embarassed To Ask......But.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Mar 24, 2006.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

What does cognitive mean? I looked it up but still do not understand. I must really be in bad shape. I suppose it's just something I have never needed to know until now. Maybe I'm just having a bad day, good excuse???

Thanks,

Embarassed
    BlueSky555
  2. lolee

lolee New Member

nono not here not never! LOL

cognitive means how well do you understand what is going on.

I work in a nursing home and someone is graded on their level: are they alert and cognitive. You can be alert, some one who'se eyes ar open they look around. But they are not aware of what is going on around them or what is going with them. You are cognitive.

When we are sleepy we are not as alert.

For me the best way for me to figure out what a word means is to use a Thesaurusu even if I just opne up word and type the word and use the one there, then it gives me several other words that mean the same thing, that's so much easier for me!

Luv,

Lolee
  3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

This is SUCH a wonderful site; I wish that I had found it before now. Everyone is SO nice and HELPFUL!!! I have learned so much about FM/CFS and Depression and other issues since I have joined. It's just unbelievable how helpful everyone is here and I am so thankful for such nice/helpful people. Thanks to everyone in advance who might answer my questions.

BlueSky555
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

There ARE a lot of words that have confusion spelling. I don't think about it until I am ready to write the word, then and a big ???

Thank you!

BlueSky555
  5. caperkat

caperkat New Member

One of you mentioned the fibrofog experience of putting something away in the fridge that doesn't belong, and putting the refrigerated item in the cupboard. Done that! How about this one: taking something out of the fridge and putting it on the counter, then a few minutes later, looking in the fridge for the same item, confounded that you're out of it and you could swear you just bought it at the store. At some point, you turn around and there it is! Right behind you on the counter! AAargghh

kat