embarrasing moment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by reiki, Jan 18, 2006.

1. reiki

reiki New Member

Hi everyone, just wanted to share and ask if anyone else is having this problem. Yesterday I bent over in a shop to pick something small and light off the bottom shelf and my back and right knee locked on me, I was bent over double for nearly 10 mins and to my suprise everyone just walked past me, when I was eventually able to straighten up slightly I made my way to the check out, and the only person who stopped to ask me if I was ok was a lady in a wheelchair...'Bless Her' my back seems to be locking now evertime I bend over, is anyone else having this problem? I felt quite embarrased yesterday. Has anyone and idea's as to why this may be happening?
  2. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Sorry to hear about your dilemma. People can be so cold to one onther and uncaring. You take care and I hope you feel better soon.

GBHope
  3. lolee

lolee New Member

When I was pregnant with my oldest son, I passed out in Big Ben's record store in Encino, CA . . . . I woke up, on the floor with people just holding their records (well, this WAS back in 1979! LOL) and just looking at me. NO ONE even offered to help me up and I was like 6 months along!!

We, of course would never do that!! But some people are so self centered they can't see beyond their own nose!!

I'm sorry that happened to you! You really need to get that checked out, it could ne a sign of nerve damage, it could also be something very minor but either way please get to your Doc.

Luv,

Lolee
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i'm sorry for your disrgard of bing a human being in pain...no excuses for people to do that...atleast they could have said is there anything we can do?

but i had a problem about a week ago...embarrassed i am only 41 and i do have spinal problems well..i was shopping in costco and all of a suddent i felt like i pooped my pants well i did...this is not the first time it is getting worse...i guess i need to call dr about it and tell again...last time it happen about 6 months ago she called lm message and said next time take milk of magnesai...she isn't getting it i have no idea when it is going to happen....

my be yur back...

jodie
  5. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

It's amazing, isn't it, how many people will ignore some one in distress!

I was in line at Penny's a couple weeks ago (you know, big sale, no checkers!) when a lady in her 70s walked by and sort staggered and put her hand up to her head. I stepped out of line to make sure she was ok. She said she some times loses her balance. I offered to take her to her husband in the shoe department, but she said she was ok now.

I was surprised that no one else tried to help her! Everyone looked, but no one moved! I guess they were worried about losing their place in line!

Hugzz,
    Greenbean
  6. concretegirl

concretegirl New Member

Thats weird cause a couple months ago, my leg locked on me(luky I was standing) but it didn't unlock. It was like that for about a week, then I had surgey (just to make sure nothing was wrong) and then when he looked inside my knee, nothing was wrong. he still has no idea what happened but it's better.
  7. reiki

reiki New Member

Thank you for your replies, it's good to know I am not the only one this has happened to...sorry I dont mean that in a negative way :) the knee was not too much of a problem as I am due to go into hospital at the end of Jan to have it looked at any way, this appointment was made a month or so ago as dr.thinks I may have damaged it previously. It's the back which is causing me more concern, I have decided to take a trip back to the dr's tomorrow and see what they have to say about it. I will let you know how I get on. It just made me realize yesterday what our society has become, I would not walk past anyone who I could see was in need of help not matter how young or old, colour or creed. Makes you wonder what would have happened if I was having a heart attack or something like that. Probably would not be posting on here today. Bless you all for you kind words, sending you all loads of love. xx