Embarrasing Teeth question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Dec 8, 2006.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

But I gotta do it~
    :)
    This is the only place to ask and not be judged harshly~

Ok,...
    Behind my bottom front teeth is either tarter or plaque I'm not even sure what it is. ????
    I only know that its ugly !! :(
    maybe smoke stains??
    coffee? all the above.

They are not cavities because my dentist recently said I only needed 3 more fillings on the top.
    I recently had a TON of work done~ (still need another root canal)
    So what is this yuk,.. its dark in color?
    can this be removed by anything?
    Thanks alot for reading/answering~
    Hugs
    Tandy
  2. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

Hi Tandy,

I haven't been around for quite awhile but I remember you from a couple of years ago and I always enjoy reading your posts.

Are you a smoker? I still am and I hate it but haven't found the willpower to quit yet. The reason I ask is because about 4 months ago I noticed the same thing on the inside of my lower front teeth........completely grossed me out! Anyway, I bought one of those Crest power toothbrushes (I think you can get them for under $10) and within a few days it was GONE!

Lynna
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

OMG what a godsend you are!!!
    YOU MEAN to tell me that it can be helped!!???
    LOL
    I hope so cause it is ugly and very embarrasing to me!
    I sware it looks like I never ever brush!

Thank God its behind the teeth! for now :)
    I never noticed it before now~
    when I saw it I was BUG EYED!! my heart started racing!
    LOL (thinking "what do I have now!?")

I'll get one of those power brushes the next time my
    body allows me to get out shopping~
    Thanks for replying
    Hugs
    Tandy
    Forgot to say~ Yes,..I'm a smoker
    uuuugggghh! do wanna quit[This Message was Edited on 12/08/2006]
  4. fmfriend

fmfriend Member

Hi Tansy,

My teeth have never been pearly whites but they also get stained very easily from my cup of morning coffee.I dont smoke. I do also use one of those tooth brushes with the batteries and they do a really great job. I also use along with my regular toothpaste an extra whitennig one. I put both on at the same time.
    Also another and best thing Ive found is the Peroxide mouth rinse to help whiten teeth. It is put out by Listerine. Its called Listerine Whitening pre-brush rinse.It says " Easy way to whiten teeth". You just put 1/2 -3/4 of a capful in your mouth and hold it in and swoosh it around. I try to hold it in the front part of my mouth a little extra time because thats where my teeth show the worst color. Its not the best tasting but it really works. It helps me with the sores I always get on the roof of my mouth from the chronic mono and just before a bad flare. So it acomplishes two benifits for me.

I hope this helps
    Blessings~ Sally
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

Thanks for adding your tips on this post.

I apreciate it!
    will grab that rinse too!

oddly to me: you mention sore on the roof of your mouth?
    I get thoses once in awhile and never had a clue what was causing them.
    Makes me wonder now,...
    since I just got over at very bad case of swollen glands with fever. ?
    Thanks again
    Tandy
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

come and go.
    Its not a sore that lingers.
    when I have one it feels like a tiny pimple
    but tender to touch.
    less painful than a canker sore for sure.
    However I do keep and eye on anything odd.
    Thanks for telling/warning me~

Hugs
    Tandy
  7. jessica0123

jessica0123 New Member

Hi Tandy,
    What you have is tarter. Tarter is hard and plaque is soft. Plaque when not brushed away turns into tarter. Everyone sais "I BRUSH MY TEETH" however the spot on the bottom you are speaking about is a tough place to reach with a tooth brush and is the most common place for everyone to build up tarter first in the mouth. THIS IS BECAUSE the tongue subcontiously pushes plaque and sugars, food etc. through that spot all day and when sleeping too. Most people get cleanings every 6 months you may be just one of those who have to go every 3-4 months. Do use everything for prevention "ask your dental hygenist " the next time you go. Your Dentist office usually carries goog products to help slow this down. I worked as a DEntal Assistant for 15 years.
    GOODLUCK