Embarrassing problem with 024 besides smell, caution

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elastigirl, May 3, 2006.

1. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

Not to alarm anyone, I'm still using 024 :). It helps so much with flexibility, I don't think I could give it up. But I had a bad reaction, and felt I should post.

We all know that 024 has a very, very strong smell.

But I have a very sensitive -- well, let's just call it what they call it in lingerie catalogs -- "nether" region.

I took a shower after using 024 and developed a -- well, let's just say -- a bad reaction in the nether region!

It's all clearing up now (gentle care,) but it was a clear and immediate reaction to the strong oils in 024.

Now before entering the shower, I wipe down my shoulders and back with a warm washcloth to rinse off some of the 024. When I get under the shower, I tip to one side, then the other, to "pre-rinse" my back without water running down my spine to the nether region.

If you have a bath, this probably won't happen. The 024 will probably be dilute enough not to affect that area. But I only have a shower in this tiny place.

How did I know the 024 caused this? It was easy. I had the exact same reaction when I thought I could rinse my hair -- after coloring it -- in the shower. BIG mistake! I never did that again, LOL.

This is really embarrassing to post, but I've read that there are others here on the board just as sensitive as I am "there." So I felt I should post a caution :).
  2. tlayne

tlayne Member

Thank you for taking the time to warn others! I like your picture in your Bio. I love watching the sky! I have read books about Corrie Tenboom. Boy that looks strange, it's been awhile I'm not sure that I spelled right. It is amazing what people went thru in the holocaust & survived with the deepest of faith. It also makes me thankful to be an American!!!! Hugs, Tam
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

well that stinks!!
    Thanks for warning us all.
    I was gonna go grab some today.
    I guess I'll be extra careful NOT to get any near my 'you know what' LOL
    I'm very sensitive too.(never use to be)??
    I used a eucalyptus oil in my bath one time for sinus pain/stuffiness,..... I got the same reaction.
    It was'nt fun. (BURN!!??)
    take care
    Tandy
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

patches for those now...so maybe someone will respond to that for youo...

jodie