emergency neck surgery.......need prayers

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by sggas, Jul 9, 2003.

1. sggas

sggas New Member

Hello all
    Someone from the FM message board advised me to come here for prayer.
    My fiancee has been very ill for a few months and has found out from an MRI today, that he has to have an emergency operation on the disks in his neck. Probably Friday....maybe sooner.
    I know that we have no choice in the surgery and I want so much to just have faith and believe in God's wonderful power and grace, but I am just way too scared to totally give over trust to him
    Please pray for us that my boyfriend will have a successful surgery and I will totally trust that this is all happening according to God's perfect plan and is resting in his very capable hands.
    Thank-you
    Jen
  2. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

All will be well in His care Jen! Put your worries and fears on Him! God will be with you during this difficult time and I am praying for Him to send some angels to watch over your boyfriend during his surgery. I know this is a scary time, but you can find peace which passes all understanding in Christ. Meet Him in your spirit, in the place where He dwells, and He will comfort your worries if you will just let him.
    In Christ's Love,
    ~Angel
  3. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

"Rock" solid, have faith and know he is always with you. We all pray now for God to guide the surgeons hands and for God to send his healing power to your boyfriend. Be blessed and keep us posted.

LeLe
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm praying for you and your boyfriend. Please keep us updated.

Love, Mikie
  5. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

fear is what separates us from our Father. please have faith that He is there for you in your time of need.
    do not be fearful to give Him your complete trust. that's what He asks of us.

all will be well according to Him. good thought/prayers
    alice
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Jen, will be happy to pray for your boyfriend, and the doctors that are caring for him.

You just keep thanking Jesus for success and we will do the praying. We all get frightened when we are that close to someone. Do not worry, God hears us and understands our fear too.

Let us know how your boyfried is doing afterwards.

Blessings going your way.

Shalom, Shirl
  7. Ellie

Ellie New Member

For God to give you and your boyfriend the strength to get through all of this. God is there for you just let him into your heart and when things get tough just keep praying. Love and ALoha ELlie
  8. sggas

sggas New Member

Thank-you all for your sincere care and prayers. It is so obvious that God is in this. There have been so many miracles already. The biggest being that someone has finally taken the time to find out that there was really something seriously wrong. I have heard that we have the best neurosurgical team in Canada and as you said. With god directing their hands we can only expect the best results.
    The surgery may be today, but more likely on Monday.
    I will keep you posted and again, I can't tell you how much your prayers are appreciated.
    This situation has given me a much needed renewal in faith.
    Jen
  9. Nikki

Nikki Member

for you and your boyfriend. May God bless you both with strength and courage, a successful surgery and quick recovery.

Peace & Love,
    Sharon
  10. sggas

sggas New Member

Hi There
    Just wanted to say how much I appreciate all of your prayers. It was unbelievable the peace that I felt through this whole thing, immediadely after I posted this message.
    The surgery went very well and so far he can talk and wiggle and move all of his extremities. He says that ginger-ale never tasted so good..........lol
    I can write more later. I am in bad need of some sleep.
    I just wanted to Praise GOD!! and all of the people who believe in his power.

I posted the wrong smiley face..........that is toooooooooo funny. It was supposed to be the hands clapping one. I can't believe I did that........I told you I was tired......LOL.....Night all.

[This Message was Edited on 07/14/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 07/16/2003]
  11. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I am saying a prayer that your boyfriend continues to improve as the days go by. It does renew one's faith when you come here with a need & through the prayers of all the wonderful folks on this message board our need is met.

Keep us posted as to how he's doing. Hope you get a good night's sleep. You deserve it!

Take care....Kathi
  12. stilhere

stilhere New Member

Dear Lord, We just thank you father for your awesomeness, you truely are great...your miracles are unbelievable, father I thank you for this wonderfulness that you did for this family, these people, you showed them your love, help them now to be your light so others can see your awesomeness.

in Christ name