Employment issues

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chelz, May 5, 2003.

1. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Hi everyone! I have been out of work now for 1 year, and I have to say, looking for a job for me is worse than having this DD. I just came back from a local city hall and put in an application for a receptionist position. I had a hard time concentrating filling it out. I used to be a coordinator in a real estate office for 8 years, but that job nearly killed me, I couldn't keep up with the nasty sales people and the poor work structure. I had posted before about wanting to work in a health food store, at least I would be doing something I like, but the money is just not there. Looking at the classifieds terrify me, the ads always say they are looking for an "energetic person who can multi-task, also overtime hours, I just don't know how I can compete with all the applicants out there. My next stop might be a temp agency, maybe they would have light duty work I can do. My resume looks very good, but I can't do that level of work anymore. This is very depressing. Some applications I filled out said you would have to take a physical, I'm worried about that too, would I have to tell them I have fibro, or just not say anything. Thanks for listening, my family thinks I'm WAY to worried and sensitive about everything, so I don't even mention these thing to them anymore. Gentle hugs to you all, Chelz
  2. POSIE

POSIE New Member

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR TOUGH TIME FINDING A JOB THAT IS FITS YOUR NEEDS. I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND. I WAS AN INSURANCE AGENT FOR FIVE YEARS AND LEFT BECAUSE OF MY HEALTH ISSUES. DON'T GIVE UP. I AM NOW WORKING IN A HAIR SALON MAKING APPTS AND DO ACCOUNTING ALONG WITH PAYROLL. I HAVE FLEXIBLE HOURS, AO I CAN MAKE ANY CHANGES NEEDED FOR REST OR DR APPTS. I ALSO WENT THROUGH A TEMP AGENCY TO GET ME BACK INTO THE WORKING MODE. I ACTUALLY LIKED THE TEMP AGENCY BECAUSE I COULD CHOSE WHAT JOBS I WANTED TO TAKE AND FOR HOW LONG. AS FAR AS THE PHYSICAL I DON'T THINK THEY ARE LOOKING FOR ANY MAJOR ILLNESSES, JUST A GENERAL CHECK-UP. HOPE IT GOES BETTER FOR YOU AND YOU FIND A JOB YOU CAN FEEL COMFORTABLE DOING. POSIE
  3. southstars_tat2s

southstars_tat2s New Member

I went thru a temp agency a little over a year ago..the 1st job they gave me was making chap stick...it was a "production" job. I have done production jobs all my life..but they let me go from the chap stick place because "I couldn't keep up"...ok..so then the temp place sent me to a make-up manufacturer...my job was a sit-down job running an automatic label machine. They let me go there because I had to keep getting up and stretching because I was cramped up.So much for temp places. Now I start a new job at a pet store this friday. I *think* I can handle it..it's part-time, we'll see.
  4. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I'm having a very difficult time presently also and I don't know what I'm capable of doing any longer. This morning was soooooo painful for me. I'm still in pain but it's a little better this afternoon. Hour to hour I feel differently. dolsgirl