EMPTY HEARTED ...feeling blue

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by another_painful_day, Apr 26, 2004.

1. another_painful_day

another_painful_day New Member

Ever feel like theres a "hole" inside you that you arent sure why its there, or whats missing, or how to fill it? I fell disconnected again. Im not sure if its just because of the busy life aorund me or because I havent been to churhc in two weeks because of illnesses and then step-sons surgery...maybe just the "enemy" sneaking up behind me and taking advantage of a weak momment?

Anyone ever feel like they were so empty inside??? and not know why???yet feels like your carrying a heavy heart?

Do I sound stupid saying this? Im just really feeling blue.

2. Montysmum

Montysmum New Member

I am sorry you have been having a hard time & feeling so Blue.
    I am not an expert on any of this, I too get too down for my own good, & have been quite distant from God for some years. This forum has been a help in making me feel closer to Him again, that empty hole you mention is filling in a little for me, so hope it does for you too.
    I think the empty feeling may come because of the lack of christian input, be it from church fellowship or christian friends. But there are many people who can't get to church or have friends, or can't leave their homes even, yet are true warriors for The Lord.
    So I suspect that the hole can only be filled by getting closer to God through prayer & reading His word, something I don't do much, but am sure you will get replies from others who are true Christians with better answers!
    I will be praying for you & trust God to fill the hole & give you His peace.
    God Bless.
    Linda.
  3. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

sometimes when we get knocked down we have no place to look accept up.

We all have our seasons that we go through and we get weary, and yes the enemy takes advantage.

When I read your post this scripture immediately came to me, and believe me when I tell you this, I don't know a lot of scriptures so this one must really be for you

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls, For My yoke is easy and My burden is light

Matthew 11;28-30

hope this helps
    Love Lisa
  4. another_painful_day

I know that the Lord has not turned his back on me. I always have faith in him because I truly believe the Lord is wonderful and never leaves my side. He hears my every prayer. He may not answer all of them but I also know that there is always good reason for that as well, even if I dont understand his purpose.

I also know that the enemy likes to get me where it hurts...meaning, when I am weak, fatigued and really feeling physically and emotionally tapped out, thats when I seem to sense the ememy the strongest.

Hes lerking around me alot lately...he takes all my worries and my insecurities, likes to stir up and intoxicate me with them.

I also feel the Lords presence too. I tend to "forget" to pray alot of times...God KNOWS exactly what I need from him...hes just teaching me two things: #1 - hes waiting for me to come to him directly in prayer and ask him for his help and show him that I place all my faith in him and #2 - hes been teaching me for a long time now the lesson in "Patience."

I guess we all have our days. For me, lately life is just a bit overwhelming, Im very hard on myself (even hubby tells me) and, well, sometimes I feel so alone. I miss my hubby. Hes my rock. Becuase of our work schedules we dont get much time for each other. When we do see each other, its usually on the weekends when we are just too busy with 4 kids and sports and alot of Yard work and stuff. Then the weekend whizzes by and before we both realize it, the new week begins and Im back to feeling like a "working single mommy of 4" and very alone.

Thank you for sharing with me and for your prayers. I too need to be praying...especially when Im like this and in this state of mind. Satan LOVES to see me like this...Im like a trapped animal right now and easy prey for the Evil oen thats for sure.

5. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

no, you are speaking words we may all feel at times. Hugs to you and prayers for the "enemy who is crouching around every corner" TO STAY AWAY FROM US ALL WHILE WE ARE TRAVELING THIS JOURNEY!!
  6. jolly

jolly New Member

Stopped in and saw your message. Check this out --

"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings, that when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy."

1 Peter 4:12-13

Pretty cool, huh? Jo Ellen
  7. dash

dash New Member

Feeling blue and disconected are a normal part of the Christian walk-King David and Paul both experienced this. The key is what you do to fill up the "hole".

The only thing that will fill it is more of God in your life. Something you probably already know.

This doesn't mean more time "doing" for the Lord, but more time "being" in and with the Lord. Play some worship music. Listen and praise along with the singers. It takes the focus off your feelings and puts it on the Lord. Make sure you get some time in the Word. If you have a Christian radio station available, listen to some good teaching. (Hmmmmm....This sounds like good advice for myself as well!)

And I don't know if this is an insight into what your experiencing or not, but if you had a couple weeks of illnesses and a child's surgery to deal with your body's resources have been stressed. During that time you've probably had a lot of adrenalin pumped into your body. Now with the crisises behind you, all of that hormone's gone and you may be crashing physically and emotionally.

God bless you,
    Della
  8. another_painful_day

thanks so much....It makes sense. SOmetimes when Im "strung out" I have a blast of energy and Im running aorund like a nut not knowing where the energy came from. Especially when my step-son had surgery last week. I didnt sleep all night the night before and was up and running at 5:30am and we didnt get back from the Hospital until 2:00pm in afternoon last Friday. I was even pacing in the Hospital and couldnt sit still for the life of me. The past few days have been rough. Ive been up a few nights in a row with step-son because of his discomforts...and unfortunately, I can hear a mouse tippey toe in the middle of the night so eveyrthing wakes me up (that is, if and when I finally get to sleep). My hubby can sleep even if a bomb were to go off by his head. So, Ive been on my own taking care of his son (which is fine, I love him like my own). NAway, the week before I was very illa and the week before that I started a new job. SO I guess you are right when you say that when the Adrenalin stops pumping, your body crashed...

Here I am...completely drained, the life sucke dout of me, extremely depressed and at a very low point again, exhausted and unable tos tand without feeling like I am going to collapse...

I cried today going to work....I cried coming home. I was so exhausted at work I couldnt focus on my work and I was scared because the "heat was on" today meaning the office was extremely busy and I had to seriously get things done before I left. I kept making STUPID mistakes because I couldnt see straight to type. It was horrible. Anyway, I prayed to God a few times today. I know he sees me and he hears me....just hope he delivers some relief soon.

Thanks again everyone.
  9. Montysmum

Montysmum New Member

It seems like our prayers are going to be needed for some time, your busy life is taking it's toll, I pray you will get some much needed catch up sleep soon.
    I too can hear a pin drop in the night, sleep very lightly, so wake easily. Not inducive for a good night !
    Take care.
    Linda.
  10. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

is my favorite color but not my preferred feeling....

camo is my favorite mix of colors... but I can't always hide with it.

Anyone ever seen "bluecamo"????????

Blessings ,.....BC.......
  11. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Sending prayers up for you tonite. You have a lot going on in your life, I can see why you feel overwhelmed and disconnected sometimes. I feel that way too when so much is going on and I don`t feel well.

Also, I think our mind needs to disconnect once in awhile to keep our sanity with all we go through. Think of it as a much needed rest for your mind.

We are here for you anytime.
    Sandy
  12. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi another-painful-day,
    I have certainly felt that way at times. Our bodies have a lot going on in them with being ill. Sometimes it's neurochemicals and other times it maybe be other factors like adrenal fatigue, etc. Only God knows why you feel the way you do and he doesn't judge any of us for feeling badly.

Please do not feel like less of a Christian b/c you feel blue. Our life is filled with many different seasons. You may be struggling in prayer, reading the word, etc. You may not feel close to God. However, our feelings are not the truth. Don't let your feelings tell you that you don't love God or that he doesn't love you.

Psalm 139 says, "O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord.

You hem me in--behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me." even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.

It's a great psalm no matter how blue or depressed any of us may feel. We all need to remember that our feelings are not truth. God's word is truth:) God's word is truth:) God is not a liar no matter how we feel about it today. Those feelings will change!!!

When I'm able I listen to praise/worship music I do it b/c it often lifts my spirit. When I can't bear to do that then I picture myself sitting on the Lord's lap and just imagine him hugging me:) Sometimes that's all the prayer I can muster up. Silent prayer and being in his presence.

Hope this scripture blessed you as much as it blessed me:)
    monkeykat