Emu oil, and other essential oils

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by morningsonshine, Jun 11, 2008.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Has anyone tried Emu oil and/or other essential oils to help relieve pain, and symptoms of FM/CFS??

Any luck, and what's up with Emu oil??? I know it's not a cure all, but does it have some helpful properties?

I bought a sample of oil, made for Fibromyalgia. It is;
    Emu, Calendula, olive, and neem oil,
    with, helichrysum, galbanum, oregano, thyme, yarrow essential oils.

The part i don't understand is that the directions say to massage oil into chest or abdomen area. Well, that isn't where my pain is, how about my back, neck, and shoulders???

It says to use to help pain and other symptoms.

Anyone else tried anything like this??
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I have used plain Emu oil for years. I use it on stiff shoulder muscles and any painful area. Yes it works.

I also have good results with Aspercream. I am sensitive to strong odors so sometimes the oils with strong fragrance I can't use. Emu is odorless which is great.

3. babyk902

babyk902 New Member

i know emu oil is used typically for arthritis and joint/muscle pain, so i can imagine for fibro and cfs it would definitely have some benefits, i've done some research on emu oil bc the company i work for has used it for some of its arthritis products, and its natural so its definitely worth trying it out
  4. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

PVlady, Hi haven't bumped into you for awhile thanks for responding.
    I like the picture in your profile.
    I'm trying to get away from the bengay i use about 4 to 6 times a day and the chemicals in it.
    I've tried aspercreme, and it's okay but the bengay seems more helpful to me.

Babyk, Thanks, i'm always hesitant to try new things, but it sounds like this might work. I'll let you know how it works.