ENADAlert (NADH) Anyone with CFS try this for energy?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shanwill, Jul 18, 2006.

1. shanwill

shanwill Member

Am thinking of buying this supplement as heard it was good for fatigue. But as many, funds are limited and don't want to waste money if it doesn't work at all or has awful side affects.

If you tried pls give your opinion. Need something to help with this darn exhaustation!

Thanks!
    Shan
  2. mme_curie68

mme_curie68 New Member

I tried it for a month and noticed no difference. For the money, it wasn't worth continuing for me.

Adderall (rx drug) works much better (but was raising my blood pressure too much) - I just started Provigil.

Hugs,
    Madame Curie
  3. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

It didn't help me. It did help a neighbor who does not have CFIDS.

Lolalee
  4. shanwill

shanwill Member

just wondering how you're finding provigil?
    i have read about this med and am curious about it's effects.

pls let me know.

thanks again to both replies.
  5. Denamay

Denamay New Member

I tried NADH several years ago.[I it was hard to get here in Alberta.]Anyway, I never felt any benifit from it. It was faily costly as well. Love Denamay
  6. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

from FFC and it works great for me especially for getting through a work day. I guess we are all different! Makes it hard to decide though whether to spend the $$ or not.
  7. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I tried it when I first crashed and I could not tell I took anything. I have thought about trying it again though. Total, complete rest has helped me the most plus using food supplements (like green food).

Provigil causes a great crash for me. It fools my body to think that it is better for a few hours and then I am sick for days. My doctor said that that happens to most CFS patients but it does work for some...not the majority.

I take B-12 injections but it is not a miracle cure for me.

8. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

NADH helped me for about 10 days, but I had to take a large dose (20 mg. a day) to see any effects. It did help quite a lot, I had 10 very good days. And then it stopped working. I had tried it once before taking 5 or 10 mg. a day and didn't notice a thing.

It was very expensive, about $70 a month at that dose, but I would have kept buying it if it had kept working.

Another good thing to try is the amino acid l-carnitine. For this to do any good, I had to take 3,000 mg. a day, and it helped me for about 7 days. I still remember it . . . .

And malic acid and magnesium also helped for 7-10 days, again temporarily. It's cheaper than NADH and l-carnitine, so well worth trying.

Also, calcium pyruvate helped (temporariliy). So maybe some of these things might help you, and maybe more than temporarily.

But I found it very important to take enough. When I only took 1,000 mg. of l-carnitine, it didn't do a thing.

Mary