Encephalopathic FMS w/neuropathic pain (feet).

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Eurisko, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Eurisko

Eurisko Member

Greetings! I am new here. In August of 2012 I was suddenly struck down by a near-fatal attack of viral encephalitis. I was very fortunate in that my mental functions are, for the most part, fully intact. What I lost was the ability to walk and now 10 months later I am still confined to a wheel-chair and am still working hard at PT, trying to regain my balance and strength so I can finally walk again. There are other factors involved not necessarily involved with the encephalopathy that make my life miserable. these include fairly extreme FMS over much of my body, neuropathic pain in both feet is nasty, and I was just Rx'd the Lidoderm patches but the cost was over $600! So I'm waiting for a compounded cream/ointment that may do the job for less; I should know in a few days. I have been on oxycontin for about 10 years initially for osteoarthritis and then for fibro as well, but its effectiveness is no longer adequate for all my pain management. So this is my introduction. I look forward to sharing advice and experience with anyone that cares. Eurisko