Ended up in the ER last night SCARY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrohugslife, Mar 25, 2006.

1. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

Last night I ended up the ER due to chest pains. I had gone in earlier to my doctor and she gave me a "nuvaine" injection to help reduce my pain. I came into that doctor's office just in tears as my pain was just so bad, and when it is that high nothing can touch the pain. The doctor's office is about 1 hour away freeway driving for me so it is a long drive. I had my mom drive me back through the streets (she hates the freeway). So I felt that nuvaine relieved my pain, and she gace me some something that started with a P for nausea. I got to a clinic so they only have limited amounts of treatment for illnesses. My doctor told me that pain was out of control and getting too high for my body to handle. So that in when the injection shot was suggested.

Well I got my home and crashed and took a nap. I woke and felt pain in my chest and then I went back to sleep thinking it was just bad heartburn again. I woke up again and got up and the pain in my chest was worse, so I lifted my arms up and down and trying to burp out the gas and that worked for a little bit then I went downstairs to pick up a small package and carried it upstairs and then my heart was just racing so fast and the pain got worse.

I decided to take a warm bath thinking that would help with the pain, still thinking it was gas stuck in my chest and did the whole raising my arms thing but could not hold up my arms for very long and the pains in my chest got worse.

So then I crawled out the bathtub went to my room and tried to turn on the heating pad and lay on that for relief but by then any position I lied on created great pain and it hurt to talk. I screamed for my mom, and I took two Xanax to see if that would help with slowing my heart racing and it didn't. So my parents called an ambulance, the EKG and all showed normal.I told the paramedic that I have fibro and one of the medics knows all about fibro as he has family that has it and knows how bad things can get.

So it is assumed that the nuvaine was too much for my body and caused my muscles to tighten up too much. They gave me something for the pain through the IV. By the way those IV things hurt! I eventually slowly felt the pain lessen and felt sleepy. I was released about an hour later.

So I have been home resting as much as I can, I tried to finish up on school work but I am just not able to do much at all today. Sent an apology email to my group mates and gave what I could and emailed my professor as well.

I am doing okay but still have some chest pains on and off and hoping that it does not escalate again. I was really hoping to not have to go into the ER but I didn't want to take a chance in that this may be more serious than I am thinking.

Whoeever said that fibro is not deadly I really beg to differ about that. I really do believe it is an autoimmune disease.

Lately my CFS has been flaring up with sore throats and spiking temperatures, and weakness.

Anyway I am home and hanging in there, I am about to go lay down again as I feel exhausted.

Much love,
    Nicole
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Wow, I'm so glad you are o.k.

That is exactly the reason I am terrified to go to emergency when I have a horrible migraine.

Sometimes after taking all the med's I am allowed for the day and still feel like an ax is in my head, I have thought of going to ER.

But I'm afraid they will give me something that is too strong( I have a low tolerance to new drug's) or might interact badly with what I have already taken, and I might just have a heart attack.

Very scary, glad you are feeling beter.

Claudia
  3. lease79

lease79 New Member

~*Gentle Hugs*~ hun, I've had similar chest pain & it's scary stuff :(
    Hope that you are feeling better soon.

Lisa
  4. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

I am so sorry to hear you had to go thru all of that. You are so young. I hope you can get some relief soon. Bless you. Pattie
  5. maggierose

maggierose New Member

Hi Nicole, I to have chest pain and I almost went to Er room,but I took some muscle relaxers and pain meds. The pain clinic I go to monday will give me injection of I think morphine. I think the pain is coming from my thyroid medicine. I will have to wait and see what happens. I stopped my thyroid meds. and no pain. I dont know what to do have the shot or wait until april 7 to see endo. doctor. I hope you get to the bottom of your pain!! Its terrible to be going through so much pain. Take care

Love Maggierose
  6. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

It was definitely scary...I mean I always experience chest pain but never to this degree where I could not function well.

Maggie--I plan on seeing the local doctors that my doctor referred me to, and see if they can help me further.

It was a very scary time....yikes... I hope that I naver go through something like that again.

Much love,
    Nicole
  7. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

Because you never know when something could happen to us like that. Every bit of info helps us all. I am just glad that your back home. Hopefully the pain will go away as the med gets out of your system.

{{{soft hugs}}}
    Halo
  8. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

ive gone twice to ER with chest pains. the 2nd time i hyperventilated and had numb face and blurred vision.

ive heard many here talk about it.sorry you had to go thru it youre too young hugs GAIL