endometriosis/fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crickett, Dec 24, 2007.

1. crickett

crickett New Member

Iwould like to know is there any connection with having endometriosis and fibromyalgia? I had endometriosis and after having a total hysterectomy. I went full blown with fibro and i have met 2 other ladies who are batteling it as well.?
    thanks crickett
  2. ETN

ETN New Member

I don't know if there is any connection but I have endo

I know it's not fun

I did the depo lupron for 6 months and then took off 6 months then did it again for 6 months
    that helped me out tremendously with the pain.

All those years of having a horrible periods every month since 11 I thought it was normal...ridiculous.....to think that I went all those years thinking that it was normal to have my period like that!

What have you done besides the hysterectomy? I am not there yet as I just don't feel I am ready to do that!

I now take Norethindrone and that helps and I don't get my period!!!

Good luck to you
  3. munch1958

munch1958 Member

According to the Endometriosis Association, there is a big connection between the two. There was an old post about this started by Lisap not too long ago. Search for endometriosis and it will come up.
  4. crickett

crickett New Member

Thank You so much for replying me back! Please be very careful on your medications,cause that just added to my problems,becase all they were doing was covering up my symptoms. After having a total hysterectomy in 2002 my fibro was horrifying and i went into a deep depression which i could not even begin to tell you why. also I had to have my gallbladder removed because it was nonfunctioning . I think the doctor said from all the medication that i was given did not help my sistuation at all. And on top of that i was hyperthyroid so my adrenal glands were making me feel like i could run a marathon. I am currently on a low estrogen patch.And a very strict diet and i do pilates every day to help .So Please Read all you can on hysterectomys. For me it was the biggest mistakes i ever made.
    thanks crickett
  5. crickett

crickett New Member

Thank you so very much for sharing your story to me... I try to tell anyone who will listen to run from having a hysterectomy. I was blessed with 2 sons who were already in their late teens when i fell apart!! I sometimes wonder if they even care about me??? The only time I hear from them now is when they want money. It really hurts,and then i just look at my 2 little dogs and thank god for their unconditonal luv.Because i know between my faith in god and my dogs thats helps me to keep on going.
    Thank you so much
    crickett
  6. crickett

crickett New Member

Thank you so very much for sharing your story to me... I try to tell anyone who will listen to run from having a hysterectomy. I was blessed with 2 sons who were already in their late teens when i fell apart!! I sometimes wonder if they even care about me??? The only time I hear from them now is when they want money. It really hurts,and then i just look at my 2 little dogs and thank god for their unconditonal luv.Because i know between my faith in god and my dogs thats helps me to keep on going.
    Thank you so much
    crickett
  7. sweetbeatlvr

sweetbeatlvr New Member

me too. i was diagnosed with Endo at age 17 (32 now). i've had a couple laparoscopies to try and get rid of it.

on my last laparoscopy, in March, the doctor said he didn't see anything, there was nothing wrong. i still had the terrible pain, and kept looking for a doctor.

the new doctor said, that with my history, and because i still had pain, he believed i probably had microscopic Endo. he gave the choice of hysterectomy, or hormone therapy.

i opted for the hyster., because i had already tried the hormone therapy, and knew, i'd eventually end up up with the pain again.

turns out, the doctor did not find any Endo, just extensive adhesions that had melded my ogans together.

if the first doctor had known what he was doing, i would not have had to choose between the hyster, becuase he would have taken the adhesions down, and i probably would have felt better.

anyways, i ended up with no pelvic pain, after my hyster, but had pain all over the rest of my body, with a bunch of other ailments, and was diagnosed 4 months late with FM.

i've also read that the 2 come hand in hand sometimes.

a girl, where i work, also came down with FM after her hyster.
  8. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I had a total hysterectomy in Sept. 2006. Then in Dec. 2006 I had a bad fall at work and then another fall in Jan. Right now, I can't even work.....anywho --- yes, I believe the fibro started with the hysterectomy
  9. crickett

crickett New Member

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR REPLYING. SOMETIMES I FEEL THIS ROAD IS NEVER GOING TO END!!! HAVE ANY OF YOU HAD ANY LUCK WITH HORMONES!! I AM REAL SCEPTICAL ON TRYING ANY MORE CAUSE IT ONLY MADE ME WORSE.ALSO HOW LONG AFTER YOUR HYSTERECTOMY BEFORE YOU WENT INTO FULL BLOWN FIBRO!!! MY 1 GIRL FRIEND KEEPS ASKING ME AND I TELL HER I CANNOT REMEMBER . ALL I KNOW IS I DO BELIEVE THAT OUR ENDOMETRIOSIS PLAYED A BIG PART.
    THANKS CRICKETT
  10. nastaranjune

nastaranjune New Member

I work in the obgyn field.
    now when I speak to any one with endo, and have the opportunity to look at eveyone's medical records to help them out as I am the advise RN. I must search their histody to see if there is any fm as well. I must say I have not seen as much so far, but then again I have not necessarily been looking either.
    I will let you guys know after a while.
    one addition note, I have noticed that with patients who do have fibro in the obgyn office have chronic pelvic pain with really no etiology. poor things come and go and they find nothing,and since obgyn docs are not experts at fm, they just say I don't know what's wrong perhaps it's IBS and pain is gastro intestinal in nature.
    love ya all.
    Nancy.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/27/2007]
  11. sweetbeatlvr

sweetbeatlvr New Member

i got the puzzled looks and told it was just IBS.

my all-over body pain started exactly 1 week and 1 day after my hysterectomy. i remember calling my ob-gyn and he said it was not hormone or surgery related and that i needed to see an MD.

he did give me a script for hormones at that time (Premerin .625), which helped with my hot flashes and mood swings, but the pain never went away.

now that i look back... i've had strange bouts of migratory pain throughout my body since the age of 14.

i would mostly get it in my knees, shoulders, elbows and wrists.

i would go to the doctor, and either get, "nothing's wrong with you", or told i had bursitis, and given cortisone shots.

makes me think i've had this all along, just to a lesser degree.

i don't know if this has anything to do with this but, after i had my hyster., i started hemorraging, when i got up to my room, and had to be taken back down put under again real fast, because there was a tear in my vaginal wall.

maybe that's what shocked my Central Nervous System?
  12. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I just wanted to let you know to be very careful while taking Premarin. My aunt had breast cancer and the cancer dr. told her it was from the hormone drug.
  13. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Yep, me too. I had endo. I had a total hysterectomy done in 2001. I wish I hadn't.
    I also had my galbladder removed. It is wierd how we are all so similar isn't it? I had low thyroid and low cortisol.
    Kellyann
  14. crickett

crickett New Member

I am so amazed to hear how we are so much alike as far as symptoms!!! And "WOW" you mean to tell me that the obgyns actually look to see if some patients even have a pattern for fibro? My obgyn never mentioned this to me??? I had my surgery nov 1 2002 and I offically crashed in febuary of 2003. How are your moods since your hysterectomy??? I find myself real emotional at times??? And i cry sometimes at the drop of the hat. And this seems so wierd but i feel as if i am grieving at times and it does not make any since??? I think what the Hell !!!! Am i loosing my mind. My mother says it is a hormone thing . I sure hope so. Do any of you get this from time to time.
    Thanks crickett
  15. pumy

pumy New Member

Dear Crickett,

I suffered for many years with endo, low back pain, repeated miscarriages (5). Finally after many tries and surgeries, tears, I had 2 daughters now 17 & 18. I gave into the pain and took lupron for 6 months. I got fibro because of the lupron. If I can save one person from making the same mistake this letter was worth writing, please don't use that poison, EVER!!! I do believe there is a connection between the two.

Pumy
  16. pumy

pumy New Member

Dear Crickett,

I suffered for many years with endo, low back pain, repeated miscarriages (5). Finally after many tries and surgeries, tears, I had 2 daughters now 17 & 18. I gave into the pain and took lupron for 6 months. I got fibro because of the lupron. If I can save one person from making the same mistake this letter was worth writing, please don't use that poison, EVER!!! I do believe there is a connection between the two.

Pumy
  17. knickelson23

knickelson23 New Member

I think I've had fibro since my childhood, however after my complete hysterectomy in Sept. 2004 for ENDO, I noticed that the fibro pain and everything that goes with it was like magnified times 10. My first husband was killed in 2000 and that definitely kicked it in. Then the hysterectomy, and my rough and very physically demanding job...things havent been well since.
  18. crickett

crickett New Member

how do you cope with the dam mood swings!!!! I am on a very low hormone patch,but still have these terrible feelings of a loss??? I personally do not know if this is a hormone thing or if this goes along with the fibro thing?? But I agree 100% that my fibro is more severe since having a total hysterectomy.
    Thanks crickett
  19. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I had a hysterectomy in 1991 due to extremely large fibroids. During the operation the surgeon discovered I also had severe endometriosis and tried to clear out the mess as much as possible.

My FM wasn't diagnosed until 2004, however I had many of the co-existing conditions most of my life.

Regards,

CanBrit

20. tlwelton71

tlwelton71 New Member

I have been told in round about ways that i have endro but they just done want to do the scope to confirm. In 2001 I had my gall blader removed then a month later my right ovary. It did get worse after that, use to tell my hubby that my bones hurt. Then in 2005 my family doc told me what 4 others couldn't that I had fibromyalgia. Which I know I had when I first went and they told me they didn't know maybe it was hyperthyroidism. that was in 1997. Now I do have trouble with my thyroid but after alot of reading FM and hyperthyrodism go hand in hand.