Endoscoped today, need some input please PM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PaulMark, Sep 4, 2002.

1. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

GI Dr.endoscoped me today, next appt. is 2.5 wks he cultured for h, pylori and barretts esphogas to rule out cancer. Said i did have stomach acid coming up into esphogas. I was groggy but voiced my concern that I don't do well at all with antibiotics and I have documented yeast fungi overgrowth in bowel per stool test, and would S. Bourlardi kill it i'm on it, he siad know but what and see what test says. I again mentioned I was on broad spectrum plant based enzyems supposedly a plant alt. to pancreatic enzyemes and HCL Betaine + cheney had me on, cheney had said back off Betaine, so i switched. GI doc ezymes were fine.and on lst visit he listed and looked at Cheney's dication notes of hypochloridia (low stomach acid ie poor digestion overating, binging) cause of reflux, Many non conventional med. books speaks of several cause of reflux and i've got myslef in a mess now. Doc said today wait til test come back, but I'm afriad of 3 things, Hey i'm 40 lbs. underwght now. That's dangerous my body mass index is way low. but what do i do in bed so much do to severe CFS/FMS

l. I've read enough literature to know that reflux can be caused by overating, eating too fast, and binging , I do all of these its a vicoius cycle cause my body is so sick and hungry. IN 5 yrs. i've not been able to squeeze in more than 2 meals per day cuase of bedridden time, I do juice, but that's tough on rotation food allergy basis and friend on chronic illnesss christ.. faith site said some veggie juices are acid producing. My body is so hungry, i eat to fast alhtough I know better, and I told Cheney on 6/l7 the will is very strong and beleived me he said the body is stronger than will and he sees nictoine and sugar cravings and explained that cyle based on brain chemistry diet book by shrink in CA, supposed to discuss some test results might help but he's been under observation for heart palpatations.

2. I"m afraid GI Dr. will hand out the ol' acid blocking drugs and further inhibit my digestion, making things worse than are now which is bad, when lst got sick pre diagnosis, got scoped and had small pepetic erosision in espogash, wasn't there today he said (good ) and they put me on that priolsec made me sick and then tagament same thing,

3. May be borrowing trouble but is H. pylori, i know my cousin is healhty and she was put on strong antibitioitics for 3 months and made her sick , and carter says antibtiotic is treatmetn, i told him too sick to take antibiiotics from experience, plust i haad listed several i was allergic to

Does anyone know of any alternative treatment for h. pylori if I have it, i could discuss???

What do I do about the acid coming up in meantime i get so hungry but i dread eating cause of acid, ???

I have to juice some for electolytes and try to do so on rotation food allergy basis which is tough, and lady with cfs/fms/ms on christ. chronic ill. faith site said some vegggie juices are acidic, so it seems i'm screwed every way i turn, and i don't know anymore what to do,

God Bless PM

2. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

GI Dr.endoscoped me today, next appt. is 2.5 wks he cultured for h, pylori and barretts esphogas to rule out cancer. Said i did have stomach acid coming up into esphogas. I was groggy but voiced my concern that I don't do well at all with antibiotics and I have documented yeast fungi overgrowth in bowel per stool test, and would S. Bourlardi kill it i'm on it, he siad know but what and see what test says. I again mentioned I was on broad spectrum plant based enzyems supposedly a plant alt. to pancreatic enzyemes and HCL Betaine + cheney had me on, cheney had said back off Betaine, so i switched. GI doc ezymes were fine.and on lst visit he listed and looked at Cheney's dication notes of hypochloridia (low stomach acid ie poor digestion overating, binging) cause of reflux, Many non conventional med. books speaks of several cause of reflux and i've got myslef in a mess now. Doc said today wait til test come back, but I'm afriad of 3 things, Hey i'm 40 lbs. underwght now. That's dangerous my body mass index is way low. but what do i do in bed so much do to severe CFS/FMS

l. I've read enough literature to know that reflux can be caused by overating, eating too fast, and binging , I do all of these its a vicoius cycle cause my body is so sick and hungry. IN 5 yrs. i've not been able to squeeze in more than 2 meals per day cuase of bedridden time, I do juice, but that's tough on rotation food allergy basis and friend on chronic illnesss christ.. faith site said some veggie juices are acid producing. My body is so hungry, i eat to fast alhtough I know better, and I told Cheney on 6/l7 the will is very strong and beleived me he said the body is stronger than will and he sees nictoine and sugar cravings and explained that cyle based on brain chemistry diet book by shrink in CA, supposed to discuss some test results might help but he's been under observation for heart palpatations.

2. I"m afraid GI Dr. will hand out the ol' acid blocking drugs and further inhibit my digestion, making things worse than are now which is bad, when lst got sick pre diagnosis, got scoped and had small pepetic erosision in espogash, wasn't there today he said (good ) and they put me on that priolsec made me sick and then tagament same thing,

3. May be borrowing trouble but is H. pylori, i know my cousin is healhty and she was put on strong antibitioitics for 3 months and made her sick , and carter says antibtiotic is treatmetn, i told him too sick to take antibiiotics from experience, plust i haad listed several i was allergic to

Does anyone know of any alternative treatment for h. pylori if I have it, i could discuss???

What do I do about the acid coming up in meantime i get so hungry but i dread eating cause of acid, ???

I have to juice some for electolytes and try to do so on rotation food allergy basis which is tough, and lady with cfs/fms/ms on christ. chronic ill. faith site said some vegggie juices are acidic, so it seems i'm screwed every way i turn, and i don't know anymore what to do,

God Bless PM

3. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

I've suffered with H Pylori Bacteria since my dx with Fibromyalgia in 1990.

I, too, I had 4 endoscopies (sp?). Finally last one showed H Pylori (peptic ulcers). My Internist rx with Flagyl and up to 5 Tbls. of Pepto Bismol. At the time, it was only in liquid form. Now they have pepto tablets.

when I start to have pain I just pop about 4 pepto bismol tablets and the pain is greatly reduced.
  4. herblady

herblady New Member

i can't guarantee anything but the herb golfenseal has been known to kill h. pylori. it's worth a try if you want to avoid prescription meds. cindi
  5. herblady

herblady New Member

i misspelled that, it's goldenseal. cindi
  6. terra329

terra329 New Member

I saw a GI doctor about 10 days ago - she saw two lesions on my esophagus! I have acid reflex (she said for a few years) an I really just found out about it. I see her tomarrow and I am freeked out. I have read and tried many eating styles only to end up eating crap when I am stressed. I am happy that I do not smoke as that makes it worse but I am very addicted to many foods - I eat fast, overeat. Dr. gave me Prevacid and it makes my belly hurt! I need to heal my esophagus so I feel stuck with this medicine. Do you have lesions in your GI tract? Does your doctor want to remove them if you do?
    There are so many books and thoughts on acid reflex - I read one on fasting and one on using an alkaline diet - I think all this information makes me more stressed out and we all know that makes more acid!!!!

I will be thinking of you and hope all turns out well for us.
  7. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

yes i can relate to my fear of beign put on a drug for reflux when the great smokies test and cheney say need for pancreatic or dig. enzymes and he says much reflux can be caused by low stomach acid, you sound like me i binge on ice cream and i think this and eating several hCL suppls enzymes to digest has stress and overating has my acid out of control, no lesions in scope though, but checking for the pylori and barrets esp. just to rule out cancer,

Whre I'm so CONFUSED is would taking something to sooth the espogas like THE dGL tblets to and dig. enzyemes are contra to each other, I like you I don't know what to do i'm trying to treat myslef, i'm scared of the acid blockers coudln't take before, and I can't get a p. con. with Dr. Cheney cause he's been under observation ofr heart palapatsions lost in KY

and trying to treat myself alternatively let me know how it goes with your GI doctor will you e mail me at paulstory@iolky.com ??? sounds like we are in same boat both don't liek the acid blockers but don't really know where to turn, God bless PM
  8. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

dear MOuse: I have some powder of the bladder wrack had read about it in eat right for blood type bk. but don't know how much to take , i think cna put on food or mix with juice but don't know how much suggestions,

from you or herblady please PM in KY thanks
  9. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

dear MOuse: I have some powder of the bladder wrack had read about it in eat right for blood type bk. but don't know how much to take , i think cna put on food or mix with juice but don't know how much suggestions,

from you or herblady please PM in KY thanks
  10. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

Sandy i'm really sorry for your problems, is there anyway you would e mail me at paulstory@iolky.com, I need to discuss this with you, i'm really worried about hte acid blockers, DR. Paul Cheney is my cfs dr. he's out of pocket due to some problmes of his own, so i'm stuck out in theopen, my concerns are all the great smokies test and clinical symptoms point to hypochlorida or low stomach acid which can cause reflux, plus my binging epsisodes on ice cream cool whip i know have made things worse lot lot what tereas replied to me i overate,cause i'm so hungy and in bed so 2 meals is all can fit in and i eat too fast i'm so hungry and the binging,

also pre cfs was put on the prilosec and then tagqamnet and make me headache and nausea,

have changed to supposedly plant altn. enzyeme to HCL and pancreatic

and then i can't tell if the mestinon which main side effects are increased perstatliss and admonimal cramps could be causing reflux, bu the dr. at the phar. manfucatiure co. said that's nkot a side effects its so hard to tell with all my cfs symptoms and the severeity of my illness, wirte me at e mail if you feel confortable, i just need your valuable imput and i thank you and feel for your condition god bless PM in KY
  11. PaulMark

PaulMark New Member

sandy i ' m sorry meant to ask if the digestive enzuyemes are contra to the treatment with the acid blockers everthting i've read and what cheney has explained says acid blockers are bad medicine if someone has hypchloridia which is what cheney has said my test and symtpoms indicate and in UCLA study of cfs patients 90% had low stom. acid or hypo. which accordign to nonconentional readings can cause reflux with overating binging bad foods

so i'm so confused, i do know today i can eat, and 40 lbs. unerwght. cause i binged on ice cream last nite, supposed to discuss wtih cheney ASAP next appt with GI dr. on 9/l9 maybe he will listen in meantine i'm just trying to get down juice, esp. in bad shape from binging ,

no erosions per scope test results pending on pylori and barrets esphogas (just to rule out an cancerous cells)

please e mail me if you feel ok with that and i thank ykou so much for help PM in KY