Endoscopy showed stomach very red with no clear answer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monom, Oct 5, 2002.

1. monom

monom Member

Endoscopy 3 time done with the same results, within 10 years
    period,because of pain under my left ribs that after mono diagnosis started for a long time.Thank you
    [This Message was Edited on 10/06/2002]
  2. monom

monom Member

Endoscopy 3 time done with the same results, within 10 years
    period,because of pain under my left ribs that after mono diagnosis started for a long time.Thank you
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I am having the same symptoms again but see no point in having the endo done again. I was shown a picture of my red tummy, and told it was Gastritis.
    If you are sensitive to certain foods, as many of us are,it can cause this to happen.
    I always get sick after making homemade veggie-beef soup. There is only one ingredient that I don't use elsewhere and that is Worchestshire sauce, so I guess it's got to go. I hate to do it, because I don't think beef dishes are complete without it, but it sure beats this pain. Mine is under both my left and right ribs, and moves through me along with my food, and I get diarreha and nausea with it also,and awful bloating when I do eat.
    Chronic gastritis can also be caused by Pernicious Anemia, so if you have any Celtic blood in yuou (Scots, English, Irish or Welsh) ask your doc to test your blood level of Vitamin B12.
    In the meantime, I find Pepto Bismol helpful, as well as Immodium for diarreha and Gas-X for the bloating. A very bland diet for a couple of days helps too. Your stomach lining replaces itself every three days, so hang on!
    Best wishes,
    Klutzo
    P.S. What is monom?