Endoscopy Update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

First, thank you all for your wonderful good wishes and support.

The procedure was a snap. I was asleep and woke refreshed and feeling well. I've slept a lot of the day away but that is what I'm supposed to be doing. The kids took the car and went shopping.

The doc found some scarring which was healing and took a biopsy. I'll get the results of that at my followup visit. Some kind of gastric episode obviously took place which caused this.

I'll update my update when I have more to tell :)

Again, thanks, everyone.

Love, Mikie
  2. twerp

twerp New Member

Take it easy and I hope the biopsy shows only good things.

Hugs,
    Twerp
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I think most tests are like that----my bone marrow biopsies were---the hype was a lot worse than the actual experience; not fun, but definitely do-able.

I'll be praying for good news when you get the results!

Hugs,
    Pam
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Mikie, I'm glad it went well and that you were comfortable. Here's hoping that the news is all good!

Kathy
  5. darude

darude New Member

I also have had Gastric problems since MAY. All tests so far have been negative. Love Annie the Londoner
  6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Get your rest you are in our prayers :)
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

great news. They always take biopsies BTW, so don't worry about that. They check for parasites in the biopsies more than anything else, like H pylori bacteria.

Love Anne
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

you should be just fine//

jodie
  9. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm glad that it was easy for you! They are much easier
    than most dental procedures. I remain waiting for mine
    to come out on DVD. Oh, well, Glad all the anxiety is
    over for you and that you are feeling "well".

MRDAD
  10. victoria

victoria New Member

Hope you continue to get good news!

- and glad it went easy... I am admittedly leery even tho 'they' suggest everyone get one in their 50s at least...

best,
    Victoria
  11. I have been wondering how things went and what they saw. Good luck, I do hope they figure out the cause of your problem.
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I just got back from taking my family to the airport. I've felt really well today and everything seems to be back to normal. My throat is just a wee bit sore, probably where they biopsied. I'm not worried about the biopsie because the lesions were healing, according to the doc. If it were any form of cancer, they wouldn't be healing.

He did mention that they look for pathogens because infections can cause these things. When I was running the temp for about three weeks, I did two cycles of the Doxycycline and had a Herx, so maybe it helped clear up whatever it was. I hope so.

Yes, that anesthesia sleep is the best ever. I almost wish it hadn't been so short.

Love, Mikie
  13. mary124

mary124 New Member

Glad things went well, knew they would.
  14. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Good Afternoon,

I was so happy to see this thread. Very glad that the procedure went well.

Also happy to hear that you are doing well after the visit and that you got to see your love ones.

Please visit us on a OT thread. The name keeps changing and we close it after 30 posts so our poor brains can keep up. I think mrdad restarted it today to OT: The Porchlight is On Vol 2. Yesterday I started the thread. We would love for you and any other person that may just want to "talk" to jump in. It's been fun. We all need a little fun don't we.

Again my thoughts have been with you and it really "made my day" to see this thread. You've always been available to help many and so many others.

Hopefully I will chat with you and anyone else reading this post on the OT thread if you are able.