energy level

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunshine5050, Sep 4, 2005.

1. sunshine5050

sunshine5050 New Member

After I have breakfast and sometimes after other meals I feel weak. I just don't have any energy. Is there a suppliment that really works? Sometimes I wonder if it is depression or what I eat or if that is just what I have to live with having FM. Thanks for your response.

Sunshine5050
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

Bump

I am the same way, I feel okay until I eat something
  3. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

You could try a low carbohydrate free breakfast, e.g. eggs & bacon with just water (not juice or anything with caffeine or milk) & see how you feel afterwards. If you then feel OK then you probably need a low carb diet - lots of us with FMS/CFS seem to have hypoglycemia.
  4. Rose_Red

Rose_Red New Member

It could be hypoglycemia or it could be your body digesting.

One word of caution about hypoglycemia - it's a precurser to diabetes. I've had it forever and over the last year it's gotten lots worse. At my last doc's visit I was otld that I am now borderline diabetic. I'm only 32.

If it is hypoglycemia I beg you to eat right and keep it under control so that you don't ever have to feel like I do with the big D word hovering aound me.

michele
  5. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

It could also be reactive hypoglycemia. You could come out with normal lab test like me, but show abnormal values only during this time you feel weak.