Enough Already!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, Apr 21, 2010.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I am in so much pain and so nauseated I was crying today (I think the nausea is because I am in so much pain). None of my meds worked. My head hurts so much, I took a belt to my bathrobe and TIED IT around my head really, really tight to compress it, which helps a bit.

I cant take it. I dont know what to do. I have to work tonight. I missed 2 days last week because of this. Saw my doc on Saturday, but it looks like I may need to call and see him again!

Any suggestions anyone - PLEASE! I'm desperate!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/21/2010]
  2. jole

jole Member

Do you have migraines? I'm sorry I'm not on this board much and not familiar with your history. I know migraines are terribly debilitating, and I've tried all the meds there are for them without relief. But after being put on a couple antiseizure meds they do seem to be much less frequent.

I hope your day goes better for you tomorrow........Jole
  3. kat211

kat211 New Member

I'm so sorry you are feeling like this. When I was sick to my stomach and at a 12 on the pain scale a while ago I found that sitting in a hot shower or bath helped. I also had terrible chills so I would stand in the shower while the bath filled up.

I also curled up in the fetal position and had a heating pad on my stomach.

I also had to take tiny sips of water so I stayed hydrated.

I hope you feel better soon.
  4. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

That you feel so awful. I used to get those "commode hugging" migraines. Dont know if this is your issue or not. For some reason if I vomited the headache eased up. Ill never understand it. I used to turn the window air conditioner up full blast and lie my head right in front of it. Didnt dare move my head. Dark room. My kids had to whisper to me if they absolutely HAD to talk to me. I had them on average of at least once a week. Knew when they were coming on. I dont know why, but they miraculously stopped. I might get one or two a year now. I so hope this happens for you. I know the misery.
  5. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

Wild lettuce (best)-

California Poppy

or blend of those with st johnswort
  6. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Hi Shari - Has your doctor checked your 25 (OH) D levels? Recent research shows that people who have low Vitamin D levels are more prone to headaches, especially migraines. You might want to talk to your doctor about getting tested and starting on Vitamin D3 supplements.
  7. Jeramy

Jeramy New Member

I don't know what else you have going on, but I have FM, Thyroiditis, Sjogren's and Adrenal insiffiency.
    One of the things that gives me headaches...which I never get otherwise... is too much potassium.
    Do you eat a lot of it? bananas, melons, other veggies with high potassium?
    Just a thought.
  8. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

Wondering if you seen your doc again since Saturday ?

Hopefully you're much better now.

thinking of you, hope all is okay
  9. clementyne

clementyne New Member

This is my first time here and I was so surprised to read you have Sjogren's Syndrome. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia a couple of years ago and am currently dealing with the symptoms of S.S.
    My Dr. doesn't know much about it so he sent me to an ENT for a lip biopsy but he refused to do it. Just said (without one single test) I didn't have S.S. and I was out of his office in about 10 minutes. He said this disease is really rare. I guess that means I couldn't have it!
    Sorry to ramble...my questions to you are 1) Is there a link between Fibro & S.S.? 2) How are you being treated for S.S.? From what I could find on my own there isn't much to do besides what I am already doing, so I don't even know if I need a diagnosis.
    Thanks for any knowledge you can pass along!
    Be well!
  10. Jeramy

Jeramy New Member

Sorry to make you wait for a response... I've been busy and reallllly tired these past few days. But better today.
    I have great doctors and have done lots of research...yes SS and Fibro can go together. Just like RA or MS or Lupus can overlap and so can Juv. diabetes...this is because they are all auto -immune conditions in basically the same family.
    The way to know for certain if you have SS is NOT through a lip biopsy (what an idiot DR. to send you to and ENT for this. The ENT should have been thrown under the bus as well for such a cold and blind statement.
    To test for Sjogren's you need a blood test for your ANA levels. Specifically positive ANA levels. Then they should also look at the SSA and SSB antibodies. If they are also positive...you have Sjogren's. IGs are also elevated w/ Sjogren's.
    Symptoms can vary, but main symptoms are extreme dry eyes which can be verified by a Schirmer test at an eye doctor. The second most prevalent symptom is extreme dry mouth. This can be verified by a test which measures your saliva flow within a certain amount of time. A dentist should be able to do this test.
    An eye doctor can prescribe Restatis drops for your eyes... miracle cure for me! I can't say enough good things about it, really!!! DONT USE regular eye drops!!! You can use artificial tears, but visine, etc will make your eyes worse.
    A good dentist or dental hygenist who knows about SS will really help too. I get three cleanings a year, They don't use harsh cleaners for me, but give me Biotene products. (Those really help, too. I use the mouthwash 2-3 times a day and carry the moisture drops with me to use if I don't have water handy. DON'T USE toothpastes like Crest, colgate, etc. They are made with Laureth Sulphate (SOAP) and it will dry out your mouth. I use JASON or Tom's.
    Other symptoms can be dry nose, dry vagina, dry skin. I deal with a little of this, but not too troublesome...though I have to keep lotion on my hands a lot. My palms dry easily. I also do not sweat. I don't regulate heat very well. On a very hot day I shower 2 -4 times to cool down.
    If I can share any more info on SS, please let me know. I don't come onto the boards often. I don't know if you can send a message, but I will get back to you when I can.
    Good luck.
    Oh... where do you live? There is a Sjogren's study clinic at UCSF (San Francisco). It's free to you... and they pay you a little also.