Ensure? Does anyone take it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Mar 27, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

My mom just bought me a bunch and swears it will help with my new symptom-painful wrists and hands!
  2. livin4him

livin4him New Member

Just because I like the taste and it helps supplement my vitamin intake. Not sure about the wrist thing -never heard of that. Maybe it just helps her.
  3. jane32

jane32 New Member

I think she is tryng to help but she doesn't have any problems liek pain or anything. She was just like they give this to babies and dying patients so it much be good!

Well at least she is trying to understand! It does have a lot in it@
  4. CinCA

CinCA New Member

More as a snack/extra nutrition as I'm trying to build back muscle mass, weight, etc. that I've lost from years of stress and illness. It also helps to keep in the car as my blood sugar tends to be unpredictable sometimes these days and I spend a lot of time on the road shuttling my 4 y.o. daughter around. I haven't found it helps with symptoms (CFS), but in general, I do feel much better if I eat regularly, whether I want to or not. The Ensure/Boost type drink is a quick way to get calories as I often have no energy or desire to even prepare the most basic of meals...there are many days where nothing seems appealing to eat.

Hope it helps you, but make sure to eat some "normal" meals, too. Best of luck!

C.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/27/2006]
  5. futurehope

futurehope New Member

I drink Boost Plus everyday for the nutritional values and extra fat that I need to put on. I am not sure if it helps much for pain, etc.

I only have CFS, but I do have other medical problems and some pain. I cannot tell you if it helps or not. Maybe some of the certain vitamins in it help and this is what your mom is thinking.

I do know it is a nutritional supplement with vitamins, etc. and contains alot of calories and fat.

This is what I use it for (Boost Plus) because I look aneroxic, but I am not.

Brenda