ENVIRO CLINICS??????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jordane, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Hi There,

I was wondering if anybody on this board has gone to an Enviromental Clinic.

I started going to one In December.So far its been talking and saying they thought they could make my quality of life better.

Had to talk to 3 different people at the clinic for an assessment.Also had blood tests done.Went back last Monday and the Dr.I see there suggested I have a magnesium drip.It takes 2 hrs.

They said that some people feel a difference during the drip,after and some feel worse or no difference at all.It's only a short term thing but even that would be great.Feeling so bad I will just about try anything.

So has anyone been to one?And did it help at all??
    Or am I wasting my time?

If anyone has info I would love to hear it!!!!!

Wishing you all a relaxing,painfree,comfy wk!!:>)
    Jordane
  2. app5775

app5775 New Member

I have been going to my doctor for about 20 years. He is a "fellow" of environmental medicine/allergy and he is also a D.O. He is excellent and I wouldn't trust or go to any other doctor. I suppose like all doctors some are good and some are not as good. I'd hate to think what would have become of me without the support of a good doctor all these years. He helped me with CFS and was knowledgeable about it way back then. He's quite good. Hope you have a good experience as well.
  3. turquoise

turquoise Member

To app5775:

Could you tell me if your Dr. is Resseger or Boyles? I've had really bad MCS for over 35 years , and need to get an ENT or neuro-otology evaluation regarding a chronic vestibular problem. I know if I go to a "regular" ENT or neuro-otologist, in all likelihood it is going to be labeled as "anxiety" before they even test. I noticed that Boyles is an ENT. The closest AAEM dr. who is an ENT to where I live is in Alabama, but I know nothing about him. THanks!
  4. turquoise

turquoise Member

5. Jordane

Jordane New Member

I only started recently and only been talking,But I hope the Magnesium will help something!!!

Thanks so much for replying to my post.

I hate to ask questions because I figure with all the people on here,More than likely every question known to ask.

Has been asked.

If I do ask a question that was posted before forgive my fibro brain.It is mush most of the time.:>)

Good luck to all who is looking for help in this daily struggle of ours.

hugs,
    Jordane
  6. app5775

app5775 New Member

Hi, yes his name is Dr. Resseger. I don't know what ENT stands for so I'd need to know what that means? He has had patients come from across the country. Great doctor and staff, also reasonable rates.
  7. turquoise

turquoise Member

ENT stands for Ear, Nose & Throat.
  8. app5775

app5775 New Member

My doctor is a D.O. doctor of osteopathy I think is what that stands for. What area are you from? You might try typing in a search engine for Environmental Illness clinics and see what comes up in your area. I'm sure there are more in the country than you may realize. It seems I may have suggested a website of sorts to someone else in another thread some time ago. I can check back if you'd like to know what it was. I'm thinking it was just a website called "EIC". It gave addresses and phone numbers of various enviromental doctors in all states. Hope you find someone that can help you soon.
  9. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

Where is he practicing and what does he do for you?
  10. app5775

app5775 New Member

Hi, he is located here in northern Ohio about an hour and a half west of Cleveland. I've been going to him for 20 years. He has treated my major allergies ( which are many) and still does. He will also keep you intune with the chemical problems in our everyday world and how to avoid those problems. I also have chemical sensitivities. He was treating me for yeast even way back then. He is much into the author of the book "Yeast Connection" by Dr. Crook. He also has a alot of supplements that he sells ( if you ask, they are not pushed) that he considers for patients and those are very hypoallergenic. The supplements that he suggests range from Mag./calcuim to caprylic acid to various vitamins and so forth. Of course each person is an individual and the patient will be evaluated just like in any other doctors office. He will just make suggestions of supplements to try. He has treated me for allergies, yeast, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. I had been feeling great a couple of years ago and worked part time along with a home business but I crashed after some major stress conflicts and was back to my awful feelings of fatigue and considerable pain and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia along with CFIDS. Since then I've gotten back on my yeast program and diet, taken more supplements: Vitamins, crapylic acid, oregano oil capsules, sometimes Olive leaf extract ( on my own), and lots of probiotics. I've cut out eating all sugar. Thats very hard for me to do. I also had been experiencing bladder infections all summer and up until two monthes ago had been on antibiotics because the cultures always showed infections. Of course taking antibiotics also stirred up my yeast problems. That along with some premenopausal symptons adds to the bladder and cystitis problems I also have. I react easily to antibiotics so thats always a worry for me. So far so good I haven't had any UTIs for a month or two. I'm also taking a supplement that I found here on the board described as d-mannose which seems to be helping to prevent bladder infections and I also take a cranberry lozenge that helps. My doctor is also great for thyroid problems and I am also on Armour and Synthroid. That has also helped me alot. I'm still not 100% yet but maybe about 75%. I'm hoping to get a few hours working part time in the near future. The folks in my doctors office are friendly and upbeat. Never are they condenscending or unbelieving of what your symptons are. As a matter of fact some of the staff have allergy and related problems as well. I always feel so sorry for those I read on the board whose doctors don't believe them or don't take them seriously of the awful symptons they have. It must be hell not to have a good doctor.
  11. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

Thansk for the info on your doctor. I too have a provider that helps me with the yeast, supplements, diet, etc.

I'm interested in that you said you are taking both armour thyroid and synthroid. Did you initiate that yourself or did a doctor instruct you to do that? I'm desparate for info re: this. As of today, I started cutting pills and am taking a mixture of armour thyroid and levoxyl (different brand from synthyroid). I'm doing this on my own. I had been on levoxyl for years and that hadn't been going well. Then I started taking cytomel and levoxyl and that went disasterously. Then I went on armour thyroid alone for 3 months. I was doing fairly ok, but I felt that it didn't help me fight infection as well as levoxyl. My brain felt more whole, but I had more energy with levoxyl. So, then I went back on levoxyl last week. I was doing better until yesterday and then I majorly crashed -- no energy, heart symptoms returned. I started feeling better yesterday when I took 1 grain of armour in the afternoon. Last night I made calulations of comparable dosage with a mixture of armour and levoxyl, but today I feel horrible. What has been your experience combing armour thyroid and synthroid?
  12. app5775

app5775 New Member

My doctor is very up on all the information concerning thyroid issues. One concern I have for you is to be sure to have your thyroid levels checked at least every 6 monthes. I believe my doctor has a scale of different things he looks for and the T3, T4 levels. You can make matters worse if you don't have those levels determined by the labs. I don't have any problems anymore concerning my thyroid. After getting those levels checked regularly he adjusts up or down whats needed. That certainly helps with the "cold" feelings or tiredness. I've had no problems with either Synthroid or Armour.
  13. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

My levels have beend checked very regularly. TSH, Free T3, and Free T4 are the correct tests to measure. My levels done a couple of weeks ago indicated that they were perfect. This was while on armour thyroid alone. Unfortunately, however, I've been suspicious of the armour not giving me as much energy or mainly ability to fight off infection as well as straight T4 supplementation (levoxyl). When I started experimenting last week with taking a cut up pill of levoxyl on top of my armour I felt dramatically better. My endo didn't believe in mixing armour and levoxyl since armour is both T3 and T4. He suggested going back on levoxyl. I did good for 5-6 days and I significantly crashed. To me, the answer seems to be a combo of levoxyl and armour. What dose of each med do you take? Did your doctor always have you taking both or were you on one of them alone? Do you know of any research evidence to suggest the use of both?
  14. app5775

app5775 New Member

Go to your search engine, (I just used Yahoo) and type in "Wilsons Temperature Syndrome". You will find my doctors findings as well as many others on this particular thyroid malady. It would appear to some lab results that the thyroid levels would be in check or at the needed levels of medication but in fact there is still an abnormality. He had me check my temperature which is a big red flag at first ( usually quite low) at different times as well as how I felt. My doctor is one of the forerunners in studying/treatment this syndrome. See if you can pull up that website with the findings and copy it for your doctor. Many doctors out there have no idea what it is but his success rate is very high. As a matter of fact, along with many of his regular patients, he treats a couple hundred Amish folks that come to him from a 2 hour drive away ( they have to pay a driver since they don't drive) to treat their thyroids among other things. Its hard to convince that group, they just know if something works and they tell all their friends! I get a kick out of coming to my appointments as there are ususally a few Amish folk waiting to be seen. But seriously this is something that all doctors M.D.'s and D.O.s should be made aware of. I hope this helps and your doctor tries studying it himself.
  15. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

I haven't read the book for sometime, but if I remember correctly, I thought the protocol was advocating for using T3 supplementation when most endos refused to consider T3 or Armour supplementation. I don't remember Wilson advocating the use of Armour Thyroid which has T3 & T4 and also synthroid (T4 only) at the same time. Am I wrong?
  16. app5775

app5775 New Member

This is called "Wilson's Temperature Syndrome", I'm not sure what you mean but there is also a "Wilson's Syndrome or Wilson's disease". I'm not quite sure exactly but they are different though. Take at look at the website I mentioned. It will explain more what its about and what the doctors (including mine) have to say about and treating those thyroid problems. Often it is a sympton diagonosis versus only going by lab results. What I can tell you is that I don't have any problems at all with my thryroid. As long as the levels get checked 2 or 3 times a year I have no "coldness" or ill effects of not having enough or having too much thyroid medication. At least thats one of my links that have been solved. I'm still just battling some minor pain issues and yeast infections. Fatigue is much better but I've got a little ways to go there as well.