Enzymes & Steriods ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nigelmchale, Apr 25, 2003.

1. nigelmchale

nigelmchale New Member

Hello and Good day, new fellow here. Have a relation with FM who started on an enzyme supplement diet which seemed to help, however question is - Has anyone heard of a new book out which has a combination of using an Enzyme diet with mild steriod ?. don't know the author, sorry.
    I've read that some steriods should generally be avoided but some mild ones could be ok ?.
    Swimming / walking seems to be very recommendedto raise the serotonin levels to help depression / anxiety and to help build the body, does this work?
    apologies for all the questions but having just spent time researching the net theres alot of conflicting info out there.
    anyway, any help / tips would be greatfully received and hope to be here more often in future.
  2. Godslove

Godslove New Member

Bumping for someone that may have answers for you.
    Blessings, Wanda
  3. nigelmchale

nigelmchale New Member

Thanks Wanda, as I'm new looking into this i need as much help as possible.
    I want to try to help wifes mother as much as possible, she has had hard times and we want to give her as good a quality of fun as possible, she deserves it !.
  4. nigelmchale

nigelmchale New Member

Just thought, anyone tried Dr Bach ? they are various types of bath addititives made from flowers !. I remember trying the relaxing / sleep inducing one and wife had to call me after an hour as I was nearly comatose, dragged myself to bed and slept like a log !. I know I am not a sufferer but may help someone. BUT only small amounts needed !.
    Haven't tried the others but theres about 10 - 15 types for different results, calming, destressing, revitalising etc.
    Will see if MIL wants to try and let you know results.
    Thanks
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just posted on a new therapy using ultra small doses of cortisol which seems contraintuitive because too much cortisol is one of our problems. It may be that if there is a constant small amount in our systems, our bodies do not feel the need to produce it. I'm hoping to read more about this in the future.

Many are getting good results with enzymes. I take them on an empty stomach and with food. I also take the Jarro-Dophilus probiotics sold here. I don't know that I've heard of a doc who combines these treatments but this post will bump yours and perhaps someone will come along who knows. It's slow on the weekends sometimes.

Welcome to our board.

Love, Mikie
  6. Godslove

Godslove New Member

You might try posting a question directly to PatPalmer. She seems to be very knowledgeable about enzymes.
    Blessings, Wanda