Ephemera and anal fissures

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dlebbole, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

wow, do I feel for you, my friend. I developed an anal fissure with the horrific sphincter spasms that kept me in the bathtub for HOURS a day. My fissure resulted from chemotherapy. Before my fourth cycle of six chemos, the pain was intolerable. I had the surgery for fissure repair and a sphincterotomy. Don't be afraid to do it is my bottom line message. Within a few days that horrible pain was much reduced. I'm still having problems because I had to do two more rounds of chemo after the surgery, but even now, after the chemo and anxiety/depression about my bowel function the pain is not as bad as before the operation. Without the chemo, I think I would have been fully recovered in two weeks. The surgery works and it works fast. Diane
  2. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

3. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Diane,

Thanks for your good thoughts. The fissure is a direct result of my impacted colon & the 2xs being in the emergency room in November after 12 days without a bowel movement (despite following all doctor's orders & suggestions). Colonoscopy was done in Dec to rule out other problems. Fissure appeared in early January.

Have done the ususal creams, nitrogylerin cream & high fiber. Doing the markers right now for the xrays. As soon as that is done then I start Zelnorm & wait for the text results late next week or early following week.

I'm glad to know the surgery went well for you & that you are getting stronger & coming along after chemo. Best healthy wishes for you!